New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 324 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great time New Years Day at Jungle Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We were on our last day of a wonderful 2 week vacation in Florida. Abt to head back to cold Canada....and we decided to take a day trip to Miami with our 9 yr old son. We found Jungle Island on line-looking at attactions to see in the area. And we decided to go take a look and we hoped it would be fun.
Well....it turned out that we LOVED IT!!!!
What a fantastic, hands on place! The animals were all close so the kids could see them, and many of the animals could be touched, held or even fed.
We loved the line of parrots along one of the walk ways into the park...we fed each and every one, enjoyed that experience so much!
Then being able to go inside the Kangaroo enclosure ...touch & feed them...wow...my son was in heaven!
The shows were outstanding, the staff were all kind & helpful.....
We loved it.... loved it...loved it....
This zoo is a little pot of gold.....thank god we took the time to see it!
Thanks again.....!

77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Parrot Jungle and me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Played tourist again. Price to me a bit high but used a living social or groupon for this. Loved going during the week no crowds. At one show I'd guess 30 people. Went there when it first opened and didn't like it missed the trees and wildness of the old park. Now the trees have grown up and so had the park. Great animals which shows were a bit longer. Great popcorn next the big cats so ate and watched. They also charge for parking so be prepared to pay. Pick a day not just a few hours and enjoy yourself. I did and I know I'll go back as a tourtist again..

Visited November 2012
1 Thank dirtyhouse48
south east florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Come with extra cash in your pocket”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Having grown up in Miami I was looking forward to a day with my two 6year old grand daughters. I have fond memories of the old Parrot Jungle and was happy to see so many of them settled into their new home.
HOWEVER....the experience was so marred instantly by being herded into a photo shoot with a shy girl who wanted NO parrot on her body as soon as we walked in, being told we were not allowed to use our own cameras when the children wanted to hold an animal and being charged for petting, feeding and photos. I understand any attraction must generate revenue. I should have read the reviews before we went!! At least I would have been better prepared.

On the bright side, the kids had a good time and we could see all we wanted in an afternoon. The bird and Serpentarium shows were great, the handlers knowledgeable and friendly. The Wild Encounter with the big cats was weird and the girls doing the narrative tried, but were not well trained in how to use their vocal tones & need serious presentation & speech lessons.
One visit was enough, zoo next time!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank spankyangel
Miami
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Many beautiful birds to see and learn about, relaxing,leisurely afternoon. The original parrot Jungle was a fixture here for many years and this is a nice addition with the variety of good looking animals. It's a good place to spend the day with the hubby. Lots of lovely birds and cute educational shows.

Visited October 2012
Batavia, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“New Year's Eve Party”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had a great time at the Jungle Island for the NIU Alumni New Year's Eve Party this year. We were in town for the 2013 Orange Bowl in Miami, and got a chance to walk around the zoo and enjoy the area with our private party. They had some really cool white tigers and lions, as well as a Liger!

Visited December 2012