“beautiful”

Ranked #23 of 351 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jungle Island is located between downtown Miami and South Beach. The park offers amazing animal exhibits, unique shows and up-close animal interactions unlike anywhere else.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed October 29, 2012

we took our children there for a family day trip and kid's loved it cause they got see many beautiful bird's and the big liger it's mother is a loin and his father is a tiger beautiful big cat

There are newer reviews for Jungle Island

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Lots of friendly parrots that you can feed and pet. In fact lots of lovely animals to pet and shows to watch. I love visiting this place...it makes me smile :)

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I visited this cute zoo on a business trip to Miami. We had a great guide who took us through the major attractions. We were able to enter the kangaroo exhibit and visit with them up close ( the guide did tell us that this is not the type of temperament they would have in the wild)
They have a beautiful big cat exhibit that includes a majestic lion and white tigers.
They offer shows in their amphitheater with several animals at various times each day
Gift shop has a lot of fun souvenirs and trinkets.
Beautiful birds that they do a photo op with when you enter-pictures are ready for purchase on the way out.

Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This was literally the est tour I have ever taken , Ryan our guide was awesome, Ana our contact was amazing and the animals, the animals were so cool and fascinating !!!! It was totally worth it and I would go back again. For sure!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I are bird lovers and loved the opportunity to feed and interact with so many different bird species. You really cant get that many bird species anywhere else. The initial photos were a little rushed despite there being no-one else around. The shows were basic but informative which is the point...to educate. The winged wonders show was amazing and I doubt that many ppl understand just how amazing mamma cass is. Not knowing their husbandary routines I don.t think that anyone can comment on the health and wellbeing of the animals. The macaws seemed to enjoy the interaction with ppl and the other animals had decent exhibits. If you want circus tricks and flamboyance don't come here..it's for ppl who really want to connnect with wildlife.