1,028 results
All reviewslake viewmiami airportfree breakfastyogurtnext morningthe shuttle drivernice hotelclean roomsfree shuttleshort staysitting areafront desk staffwould stay here againstayed for one nightrental caran early flightminute drive
Reviewed September 17, 2010

Springhill Suites is on the lower end of the Marriott chain; however, the low end of Marriott is certainly better than most other types of hotels. Springhill Suites was clean, the lobby was nice and colorful, and the room was very nice and spacious. Overall, a very pleasant stay in anticipation of a phenomenal cruise vacation.

The complimentary hotel shuttle picked us up from the MIA airport mid-afternoon. The driver was extremely courteous and professional. It was only a few minutes ride to the hotel.

The hotel seems to have a deal with a shuttle company (Sunshine Shuttle or something like that--the main guy's name is Hector I believe) to take people to the Port of Miami for $10/person. This shuttle does not belong to the hotel. They told me that the earliest they could get us was noon, and we wanted to leave around 10 a.m. to be amongst the first to board. I had spoken with Hector several months earlier and we had agreed on a price of $30 total to take the two of us at 10 a.m. I told this to the woman at check-in, she called Hector, and after a lengthy conversation in Spanish, she informed me that the price was $35 and I'd have to contact him myself. The $5 was not important so much as the principle of a deal is a deal, so I called Hector from my room and he finally agreed to take us for $30. Not a big deal.

The room was very nice. It was spacious and the bed was quite comfy. There was a nice couch when you walked in on the right and a kitchen/desk area on the left. Walking further into the room, the bed was on the right and a bathroom and outside vanity area on the left. There was plenty of space for my girlfriend and myself, and it was quite comfortable.

We went down to the pool, but were a bit disappointed because (a) there was no hot tub (although I already knew this), (b) the building completely blocked the sun which was on the other side of the hotel, and (c) the water was a little dirty. However, none of this stopped my from jumping right in. Even though we weren't getting much of a tan, it was still nice to relax in the pool and on deck.

I did not sleep much due to the overwhelming sense of excitement for our cruise, but that was no fault of the comfy bed. I went for a run in the morning--very nice.

The major drawback of staying here is that it is not close to any other attractions, restaurants, etc. If you have a car this is not a big deal. If you are just staying for one night, it is not either. However, I would probably not stay here for more than a night or two--at least when on vacation--because there is not much to do at the hotel itself.

However, we did have a fantastic stay, and I would highly recommend Springhill Suites, as it is a great bargain and a fine hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank mets550
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

I would like you to know that we have contacted Hector from Sunshine Transportion about the inconvenience you experienced. Please be assured that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is hotel is just beautiful, can't beat it for the price! The rooms were spacious, with refreshing colors. I loved the tables that you use to put your computer on while sitting on the couch, it makes it so easy to use your laptop. The staff was always warm and attentive, great customer service!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MDuncan81
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2010

We read your review and are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Staff was very courteous and willing to accomodate. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

On behalf of the entire team at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South we want to thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Although we only spent 2 nights we felt very comfortable, the rooms were clean and provided everything we needed, and the best part is that included the breakfast and was just minutes away from South Beach and the Airport! I know were to go whenever I go to La Ciudad del Sol!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. I happy to read that Omar and Jessica provided you and your family members with great service and that you enjoyed our hotels ameneties.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I Arrived at the airport in the evening and called for the hotel for shuttle pick-up from the airport. Within 2 rings i was greeted by Jessica (who was very friendly and by her voice i could tell she was smiling as she was speaking to me which was very delightful) she told me EXACTLY where to wait for my pick-up and had the driver Omar over to get me within 15 minutes!! On the way to the hotel omar the driver informed me that he could take me and my husband to eat at an Italian restaurant free of charge which was excellent called (Anacapri by Bellacapri). Omar was able to drop us off and pick us up when we called to be taken back to the hotel which was wonderful.

When we arrived at the desk upon check in and the young lady Jessica was very professional. She greeted us with a smile was so friendly answering all our questions about miami and the hotel like a pro!! Jessica is a great addition to the staff there at the Springhill Suites and i believe she should be rewarded for her generosity with the guests and not to mention she has amazing hospitality skills as well. I would hope management takes the time to read this and realize what great staff they have working for them.

Omar and Jessica are what make this hotel run smoothly and what will have me and everyone back at home coming to this hotel for years to come! I look foward to coming back in the future.

- Maria & Brandon

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariaR79

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. We alway appreciate your kind words about Jessica an Omar's service. We hope to see you again very soon and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstan ding service and value.