SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$163
$119
Priceline
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$124
TripAdvisor
1,015 results
All reviewsmiami airportfree breakfastyogurtnext morningnice hotelshuttle servicethe breakfast areafree shuttleshort stayclean roomswould stay here againstayed for one nightsitting areafront desk staffrental caran early flightminute drive
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel. The Hotel is very central if you have a car. No shops around the Hotel. Very friendly staff. The breakfast was ok but it gets very crowded with no place to sit when the Hotel is full.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the free breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

My son and I were in town to attend two Marlins games and chose this property due to its proximity to the ballpark. It's only about five miles away. When we arrived on Friday we were welcomed bu the woman at the front desk who was busy with another guest, but said she'd be with us in a moment. The lobby was beautiful. Check in was quick and we were given a room with a very nice lake view. The room was clean and very comfortable. It may be a bit small for a suite, but was perfect for the two of us. I saw another reviewer comment that the a/c was too loud, but that was not the case for us. The breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of places to sit and eat. The ladies working the breakfast area were constantly restocking the muffins, bagels, etc. My son raved about the sausage and waffles. Every staff member we encountered greeted us with a smile. I think the only problem we had was with the pool towels. We made four separate trips to the pool and there were only towels available once. We had to ask them for towels the three other times. If we return for more games next season I know this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SirGriffinStromboli
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you..Thank you for your comments. We were delighted to hear that you and your son enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stayed one night before our cruise in February. Hotel is a fine place to shuttle from the airport while making a layover and not driving. Almost out of airport motel neighborhood and a little uneasy about car and cruise luggage. Sign in parking lot warns of "At your own risk" due to open parking lot. I'm not all that familar with the area so finding dinner was an experience. Spent a couple of hours trying to find a chain restaurant that we could feel safe with on Flagler Street. We ended up at Olive Garden on Monday night with 1 1/2 hour wait so we waited in the car as the parking lot was full of people that I couldn't understand. Motel was mostly clean with small rooms. Room layout has the bed in the front window toward street and airport noise with ac within a couple of feet. Will probably check other options next February.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlooks a lake so one would assume quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are located in the Blue Lagoon area, about one mile south from Miami International airport. The hotel signs in the parking lot are placed in order to advise guest not to leave valuables in sight in their cars as this is an inviting opportunity for the criminal element. Please accept our apologies; it was not our intention to alarm you.
We value your business and hope to see you in the near future and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

From front desk to housekeeping the staff is very friendly and customer oriented but one individual made my stay feel more like a home away from home and I must commend her..."Teresa" from housekeeping made my stay extra special and me feel like I was a family member more then I was a guest. She is super attentive and so warm and friendly. When booking my next trip to Miami as appealing as reserving a room on the beach is to me I will 100% come right back to Springhill Suites Miami Airport South just to be attended by "Teresa" again she sure knows how to make you feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: When staying here request that "Teresa" in housekeeping be appointed to your room...she is super attentive and so kind and no worries about what you leave in your room when you are out and about it will be right where you left it when you get back.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria C
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to read that Teresa made you feel at home. We will relay your sentiments to our team and specially Teresa. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights (6/11 June 2012), first impression hotel looks worn out and outdated.
First sign of problems was at breakfast, it was very crowded and they couldn't keep up with the demand, they were consistently running out of Orange juice and coffee, trash cans overflowing everywhere, breakfast items running out and taking too long too replace, No variety what so ever, the same items every day.
Afterwards i found out that they had a large group of college basketball players and a large Latin group in house.
Next to my room (7th floor) I had the misfortune to be next to a group of rowdy screaming basketball kids putting on loud music till late (2am to 4am), when I called to complain, i was told by be the operator, well you know they are basketball players???? Huh!! second time i called no one even bothered to answer the phone. I had only one night left so I did't bother to get a room change.
Housekeeping never bothered to vacuum the rugs in the 5 days we where there.
And the air-conditioning unit was 10 inches from the bed and LOUD and the worse part is it kicks on and off the entire night.
No wouldn't go back in a million years, definitely not Marriott standards

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RAndolph W
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we greatly appreciate your honest feedback. . We are sorry you were disappointed with you our breakfast, cleanliness of your suite and with the noise. We will address all problems with our staff in order to improve our guest experience.

We hope you will give us a chance in the near future, so that we can demonstrate our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.