SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,015 results
All reviewsmiami airportfree breakfastyogurtnext morningnice hotelshuttle servicethe breakfast areafree shuttleshort stayclean roomswould stay here againstayed for one nightsitting areafront desk staffrental caran early flightminute drive
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed for a week.
Big plusses: free breakfast (crowded, but attentive staff replaced food that went empty), free parking, close to the airport and grocery. Free wifi was actually fast and didn't have hang-ups - BIG PLUS!
Other plusses: comfy bed, nice modern decor. Coffee maker in-room didn't work, was replaced within 5 minutes.
Slight negatives: Key cards stopped working twice in a week. Not that big a deal, but inconvenient. Would have been nice to open the window for room ventilation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GZekko
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I really enjoyed my 2-nights stay at SpringHill, big room, great service, a lady at the front desk was very helpful when asked her how to get an address. If you don't have a car (thought it's extremely recommended in Miami) they can give you the contact of a taxi service that help me a lot. Free wifi Internet and free airport shuttle. For me location was good since I only wanted to do some shopping, specially at Dolphin Mall and Best Buy that are only 20 minutes far (around $20 in taxi from and to hotel).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at SpringHill for a night and they receive 7 packages in my name before I Check-in without any cost. I got a Studio, with a lot of space, 2 queen size bed, free Wi-fi internet, and a good breakfast. The only cons is the size of parking lot, was huge crowd.

The hotel location is great, but is a little hidden from the NW 7th St, there is no shop nearby. Because of this, there is no street sound, so you can sleep well without any disturbance.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I arrived late into the evening., approx. 4am. I was tired, weery, and upset. I was staying at the Hilton Homewood sutes when I discovered bed bugs and was moved to this hotel at that point.

My first impression was not as nicely deocorated as I would have liked, but very modern decor none the less. The man at check in Was Alvaro and he was completely welcoming and helpful. He searched for a crib that maintenance could not find anywhere. He was my hero that night when he showed up at my room shortly after check in with a portable playpen. Great, I may get some sleep. Really appreciated his efforts and it meant a lot to me that he didn't give up and found one. Truly great customer service fournd here.

The room itself is more like a mini suite. Open concept where bed blocked by half wall, other side of half wall is a trendy couch. across from that was the kitchen/work office station. The kitchen consisted of a wet bar sink, mini fridge and microwave. The entire room was decently clean and decorated in an up to date contemporary style. I checked out the room and found the cleanliness adequate, did wipe down the kitchen area myself as some marks or stains were found on counter and in microwave. Otherwise good. Also, checked bed and couch for bed bugs and none were found. Very pleased about that as left the Hilton Homewood Suites for just that reason.

The hotel offers free wifi internet and a business center. They have an onsite ATM machine as well. They have a small mini market that is open at all hours on the other side of the check in desk. They have nice laundry facilities that I took advantage of and were well priced. Cost me $5 total to do 1 load, including washer, dryer, detergent and softener. The machines are in good working order and everything came out clean and dry.

The front desk employees were great. Very helpful and friendly. Didn't mind spending time down stairs in the lobby guest area. Also, in this area they provide complimentary coffee and tea. This hotel also offers free breakfast but I never took advantage of it for the two mornings I stayed. My granddaughter was not well and I too was becoming sick. Stayed in room and tried to rest. Had my own groceries for us to eat in room. I bought when I started out at the First hotel I stayed at (Ramada Airport North) that was close to amenities. I did look out at their pool area and it seemed boring with just a rectangular pool with some seating and a fence. Nothing fancy there.

I would stay at this hotel pre cruise for one night and post cruise for one night. It is convenient for that and you can book shuttle to sea port for $12 each. Airport shuttle is free.
I don't think I could stay longer here unless I were driving. This visit I was not and felt stranded here as there is no where to walk around, other than risking mine and baby's life and running over the freeway release lanes to the side walk on the other side. There were no side walks on this side of the hotel and I would not dare walk down the road. The drivers would never notice you as they drive fast down the exit lanes and there is a hill that would not allow for you to see the car or the car see you until it would be too late.

My final opinion would be:I would stay again for a visit before or after cruise but not longer unless I was driving. The customer service is excellent and the room was good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelingraysgirl1
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This hotel was just great!
We where here for 1 night before cruising. they arranged for us a free transportation form the airport and a transportation to the ship for 20$ pp!
The room was very big, with a sofa , a small kitchen (with coffee machine and microwave) and a very very comfortable bed!!!!!
the bathroom was big too and it was all perfectly cleaned!
The breakfast in morning was very good and with a good variety of food.
The only bad thing is the position....it is not really in the central area of the city and it´s lil far away from South Beach....plus there is nothing much to do in the area where it is situated....but if you have a car.....it´s not a big deal!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple