“A little hole in the wall but worth the wait”
Review of Blue Collar

Blue Collar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Collar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 4,219 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“A little hole in the wall but worth the wait”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

You would never know that this restaurant has some of the best food in Miami, the outside isn't fancy, they don't take reservations, but standing in line for 30 minutes is worth it. Most people don't know it so they leave before their table is ready, making your wait shorter anyway so it's win-win. Great food, good service, a hidden gem in north Miami

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Samantha V

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must try”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A great all american place Loved the staff very friendly,bit further away from all your other tourist spots but you will be glad you tried it .

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“OMG- Fantastic”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Super laid back, friendly staff made us feel welcome. This is one of those small places away from the tourist area that you are glad that you made the effort to find and try. We arrived just as it began to storm. This place is small inside and has some seating outdoors...needless to say, we couldn't eat outside. If it would have been just raining we could have because it's well covered...but it was like sideways rain and super windy. We had to wait about 20 minutes but we were not going to be detered. We hunkered down under cover outside cause we didn't want to crowd anyone out inside. The host came out and talked with us and got us a couple of beers while we waited....super nice and cool!
Once seated we were rewarded with some super awesome amazing food. Straight up goodness. Everything was great. Staff was helpful and cool. This ins't a fancy place...thus the name blue collar. But it delivers great food and huge portions!!! We weren't going to be able to come back so we wanted to try as much as we could. We go the mac and cheese as an appetizer (yeah, I know....we were really kidding ourselves- but we had to try it) And then we got the daily special- lamb shoulder- it melted in your mouth, literally and we got the big ragout. Since I really haven't had much food this good, I don't really had the words. Just go and try it for yourself.
Here's what I will tell you...this place is small, in a bohemian friendly way. So if you're not friendly or really can't enjoy a meal that is not in a big, fancy place then you'll be glad that you skipped this place. It's cheap- relative to miami. The parking is not super easy nor it is super hard. Just don't come here picturing a big open lot waiting for you to park in. As I've said in many of my reviews of good places in Miami...I find parking to be a challenge at all of the good places. Fortunately, I don't let that stop me.
We really tried to come back here a 2nd time during our trip but could not make it happen...so we'll be back next time (at least once.)
I totally recommend this place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank dphiem
“My favorite place!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The Chef/owner has got this place perfected. The team and I mean team here works perfectly together. They are constantly looking out for the customers and each other. I have never seen teamwork like this in any establishment.
The food is by far the most delicious and comforting.
I always get the mussels when they have them and am always thrilled. I love the baby back ribs!! And the big ragout is outta this world. I could go on about this place. Even the veggie sides are heaven. Thanks for all the passion you all put behind this one of a kind restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank mayflowermike
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunch here = Best excuse to miss breakfast!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The newest and best excuse to sleep in and miss breakfast!

I had been dying to try this restaurant since it opened, but not having it close enough to me justified not having been...until I went. I had been tipped off on the fact that the place gets pretty busy during brunch hours, so I aimed my party of 5 to arrive at 11 am, when they open. Judging a book by its cover, would have you question the quality that might exist in such a small spot, but that all changed once we walked in. It was as if we were warped into a different location, a nice small restaurant with just the perfect decorations, everything themed blue collar; from the punch cards at the entrance, the lunch boxes on the wall, the waiters shirts to the canteen in which the coffee was served, it was all in synch (not n'sync).

While I can go on about the decor, it was the food we went for after all, and that was another adventure in its own. We ordered some coffee and orange juice to start, along with Shrimp and Grits, 2 orders of French Toast, 2 orders of pancakes and the Merguez sausage with poached eggs. The Shrimp ans Grits were amazing, the flavor of the Neuske bacon traveled over to the shrimp giving everything on the plate a zest of flavor. The French Toast, according to 3 people at my table were the best they have ever tried; the Banana Foster Sauce is simply out of this world. My fiancé was head over heels with the pancakes, we just went yesterday and she won't stop asking when we'll be back. The Merguez, was perfectly cooked, 2 slices butterflied and had a poached egg on each slice. With everyone wanting to try everything, we had the plates playing musical chairs; our entire table might as well have been a lazy susan.

We looked over the menu for lunch and dinner and almost got a second appetite just sitting there reading it out loud. Not only was the food enjoyed at our table, but while looking around, all I saw were smiles; this is a must try for anyone and everyone looking for a new favorite restaurant! I don't know if when they opened, Blue Collar was aiming to replace breakfast, replace lunch, or give you a reason to eat 4 meals a day, but boy have they mastered the brunch!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Blue Collar? Share your experiences!