“You can't go wrong.”
Review of Blue Collar

Blue Collar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Collar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 4,496 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've eaten here twice now... Once for breakfast and once for dinner. Everything I've ordered, heck, everything I've even tasted from Blue Collar has been superb. Highlights for me include the shrimp and grits (drizzled with BBQ sauce), and the Corben (brisket on Portuguese muffins, served au jus, with latkes and cinnamon apple sauce on the side). Blue collar has a decent craft beer menu, and from what others have said the wine selection is varied enough but not over the top. My wife to it had the veggie plate (pick any four veggie small plates). She had carmelized brussel sprouts, a kale salad, sautéed mushrooms, and a bacony warm Yukon gold potato salad. The location is bizarre (first floor of a sort-of seedy Biscayne blvd motel, but I think it's a sign of how the upper east side is really taking off. Service was great. Waiter was knowledgable and attentive. Prices were perfectly reasonable considering the size of the portions and how tasty everything was. Like I said in the title, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Our friends had recommended Blue Collar and we went on a Wednesday night...even at 8:45 the place was packed !!
It has the apperance of a diner but the delivery of a gourmet bistro.
We had tostones & vaca frita appetizer and the burgers.
OMG !! I am Latin and could not have done a better job.
The salads are delicious and the prices are sensible !
Don't miss out on this wonderful place.
It will be perfect for a small birthday celebration (no more than 8 in your party)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our first experience in Miami (we arrived in the afternoon) and what a welcome it was! Very nice atmosphere, with a good service and great food!

At the time we were there, it was a little cold outside, so everyone had to sit inside. By that reason it was a little full inside, and you hardly could move. But that fact could not ignore the great experience we had, at Blue Collar. You will have a great night out.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Let's get right down to it -- the food here is to savor ~ simply divine! I had a hard time choosing what to order because everything sounded sooo good. Our server was knowledgeable and answered questions we had before ordering. I chose the grilled seasoned chicken breast, which was perfectly done. It was served with 2 sides (the selection is amazing, and very inventive) from the chalkboard. I chose the warm bacony potato salad (which I am still thinking about) and roasted butternut squash (yum). There is a nice selection of atypical bottled beer. I chose Palm Amber Ale (Belgium). Hubby had "Corben," which is braised brisket, served with Portuguese muffins,au jus, latkes and applesauce. He raved about it. The chalkboard also has some "dailies." For dessert, we shared a very rich chocolate cake (3 level chocolate cake served with milk). I am still thinking about that cake, too! The interior is small and casual (love the retro lunch pails on the wall). Blue Collar has an open kitchen concept; I like seeing the chef prepare the food. When next in Miami, we will definitely return to Blue Collar.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Portion size is large! The presentation is beautiful! The place is small but welcoming! Cute server outfits! Food is delightful!

Been to Blue Collar? Share your experiences!