“bad miami movie experience here”
Review of The Spa at Viceroy Miami - CLOSED

The Spa at Viceroy Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at Viceroy Miami amenities also include a theatrical 28-000 square-foot spa designed by Philippe Starck.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is by far the strangest experience I have had, even after living in Miami for the past ten years.....

My husband and I came to the Viceroy last weekend. We received a couple's massage in the beautiful spa, where the staff was friendly, and the massage was wonderful. the amenities were beautiful, and the hotel itself was gorgeous.

After our massage, we texted the valet; there was a number on our valet ticket. If you text, they supposedly bring your car early. Once we arrived down to the valet station, that was not the case. this is where our story really begins:

After 20 minutes of waiting, we approached the valet stand to ask about the status of our car. the girl with a neck tattoo, from the very beginning, was aloof and did not care. After 10 more minutes, my husband started to get angry an asked for the manager. The manager asked questions about the color of our car- apparently, it was lost. Yes, the car was "lost".

at the 45 minute mark, my husband went inside the hotel to retrieve the manger, who was very nice, but since the valet company (pk1) was outsourced, he had no control. The attendants would not let us in to the garage to search for the car ourselves and was practically held our key hostage. no one offered any help and then they progressively got ruder and ruder, so we called the police.

The police arrived and started putting pressure on everyone. The valet sent out a search party to scan the 3 floors that are designated to them. The manager of the hotel rolled up his sleeves and took my husband in his own personal car to search as well. I stayed downstairs at our "home base" in case someone drove by. The police had already started a stolen car report. Finally, after almost 1 and a half hours, our car randomly came out of the valet- with no explanation. Everyone was hush about where it had been, where they found it, or why it was "lost' in the first place. My husband and I were so upset- a stark contrast to the beautiful massage we had received mere hours before- that we just got in our car and went home. It was a shocking experience.

Now, today is Monday- this happened on Saturday. My husband just called me after discovering that his AMEX card was missing. it was in a closed compartment in our vehicle. Upon calling AMEX, we find out that several unauthorized purchases were made at the same time, on the same day, that our car went "missing". The charges were made at the mandarin oriental hotel, a stone's throw away from the viceroy, a nearby mcdonalds, and a wal-mart. I strongly believe that the valet or one of their compatriots did a joy-ride in our Mercedes around brickell and brickell key while they made several charges on our credit card. they impersonated my husband while cruising in his vehicle.

Of all my years in Miami, I have learned not to be surprised by much, but this takes the cake. I am shocked at the brazen attitude of these joy-riders and of the PK1 parking valets that were either in cahoots with these criminals or irresponsible and left the valet station open for theft.

Reading other reviews, it seems that criminal mischief is common at this establishment. Please beware and stay somewhere else.

4  Thank Jamie L

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel but horrible unprofessional staff!!!

I would of gave this place a 5 star if it wasn't for some of the spa staff.

My boyfriend & I had an appointment for a massage at 4 it was this past Friday which was the beginning of Memorial Day weekend so of course traffic was crazy, we didn't expect it to be as crazy as it was. We made sure to leave atleast an hour ahead because it was suppose to take us just 30 minutes to get there but we arrived there 4 minutes late. I'm NEVER late for anything so I was freaking out so I started speed walking trying to find the spa, it took us about 10 minutes to get valet and go all the way up to the 15th floor to the pool area THEN we had to go to another part of the hotel to take the elevator to go down to the 14th floor where the spa was.

The receptionist was in a rush to make us fill out the paper work, she made a smart remark about us being late with an attitude which wasn't necessary. She could of took into consideration that we were from out of town & the fact it was Memorial Day weekend. One of the girls showed me to the locker room which was beautiful like everything else but the locks for the lockers were so frustrating to deal with that I had to get help from one of the employees, I went out to ask if someone could help me & it happen to be one of the cleaning ladies, I don't know what her problem was but she was rolling her eyes, huffing & puffing like calling a girl through the walkie talkie was so much to do.

After dealing with all of that I couldn't even relax through my massage because it was just so frustrating. So I understand we were a little late but they could of at least tell us that they were going to cut our massage short, it literally felt like 20 minutes.

On top of all that what really pissed me off was when my boyfriend told me after his massage that his masseuse during the end of the massage said "oh my goodness" when giving him a foot massage. Like seriously?! How unprofessional can you be? Keep it to yourself!!!! Honestly my boyfriend doesn't have THAT bad of feet, he actually gets a pedicure with me once a month so I don't know what his problem was.

I feel so bad because I wanted it to be a great first time experience for him dives if was our anniversary. But after this situation he doesn't even want to do it again.

I honestly expected a more professional staff at an amazing hotel like this.

3  Thank Monicateng3
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My skin looks amazing! Great friendly service and a relaxing spa experience. Plan to stay long enough to enjoy the spa and pool facilities.

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I highly suggest you get the facial of a lifetime from MERU. She sent me on a beautiful mental journey. My mind, body and spirit will crave her touch. I felt like I was walking on clouds for hours. My skin has never felt so wonderful! Please enjoy! Namaste!