“Beautiful spa, horrible service!!”

The Spa at Viceroy Miami
Ranked #4 of 41 Spas & Wellness in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at Viceroy Miami amenities also include a theatrical 28-000 square-foot spa designed by Philippe Starck.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful spa, horrible service!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel but horrible unprofessional staff!!!

I would of gave this place a 5 star if it wasn't for some of the spa staff.

My boyfriend & I had an appointment for a massage at 4 it was this past Friday which was the beginning of Memorial Day weekend so of course traffic was crazy, we didn't expect it to be as crazy as it was. We made sure to leave atleast an hour ahead because it was suppose to take us just 30 minutes to get there but we arrived there 4 minutes late. I'm NEVER late for anything so I was freaking out so I started speed walking trying to find the spa, it took us about 10 minutes to get valet and go all the way up to the 15th floor to the pool area THEN we had to go to another part of the hotel to take the elevator to go down to the 14th floor where the spa was.

The receptionist was in a rush to make us fill out the paper work, she made a smart remark about us being late with an attitude which wasn't necessary. She could of took into consideration that we were from out of town & the fact it was Memorial Day weekend. One of the girls showed me to the locker room which was beautiful like everything else but the locks for the lockers were so frustrating to deal with that I had to get help from one of the employees, I went out to ask if someone could help me & it happen to be one of the cleaning ladies, I don't know what her problem was but she was rolling her eyes, huffing & puffing like calling a girl through the walkie talkie was so much to do.

After dealing with all of that I couldn't even relax through my massage because it was just so frustrating. So I understand we were a little late but they could of at least tell us that they were going to cut our massage short, it literally felt like 20 minutes.

On top of all that what really pissed me off was when my boyfriend told me after his massage that his masseuse during the end of the massage said "oh my goodness" when giving him a foot massage. Like seriously?! How unprofessional can you be? Keep it to yourself!!!! Honestly my boyfriend doesn't have THAT bad of feet, he actually gets a pedicure with me once a month so I don't know what his problem was.

I feel so bad because I wanted it to be a great first time experience for him dives if was our anniversary. But after this situation he doesn't even want to do it again.

I honestly expected a more professional staff at an amazing hotel like this.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Monicateng3

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Hydro facial”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My skin looks amazing! Great friendly service and a relaxing spa experience. Plan to stay long enough to enjoy the spa and pool facilities.

Visited November 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“AHHHMAZING!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I highly suggest you get the facial of a lifetime from MERU. She sent me on a beautiful mental journey. My mind, body and spirit will crave her touch. I felt like I was walking on clouds for hours. My skin has never felt so wonderful! Please enjoy! Namaste!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was very clean and very upscale.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice, overall. Wasn't too pleased about paying for food in my room, but whatever. Enjoyed having a gym and a spa at my convenience. The location and view were absolutely stunning.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Prince Romeo A
Somerset, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful Spa!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I really enjoyed my experience at this spa. To start, the place is opulent. It's well designed and customer service was great!

We got a chance to enjoy the indoor amenities as well as the outdoor pools, which has an amazing view.

I definitely would recommend this place and would love to go again.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank dellis0914

Been to The Spa at Viceroy Miami? Share your experiences!