“So bad we could only laugh at our misfortune...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport

Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Ranked #56 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Ft Lauderdale
“So bad we could only laugh at our misfortune...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here only the one night on arriving into Miami late at night. No way we would have stayed if we were booked in for longer. Lobby is really nice but this does nothing more than make everything else look worse than it already is. Staff at front deck were nice enough but extremely slow in getting things sorted, seemed like they didn't know what they were doing half the time. Hotel has a bar in the same building, which you could easily hear from our room, and I'm sure most of the rest of the hotel too. Room was small, dirty, old and generally in a horrible state. We had to switch the fridge off to stop it's annoying banging sound that it made. Bathroom was the worst I have ever stayed at. Walls were cracked and peeling, rust on metallic surfaces, shower didn't work properly and initially wouldn't stop running even after taps both turned off. Hot tap in sink was cracked, seized and didn't work. The list really just goes on and on. Do your self a favour, don't stay here no matter the situation! Stay in a hostel if you have to, for a fraction of the price but multiple times the quality. I am still wondering now how they can go to sleep at night knowing the quality of rooms they are putting people in. Steer clear!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank whitetoews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We only stayed one night so the loss was not great. The standard room was beyond shabby. It looked like it had not been painted in a hundred years. The paint was chipped and peeling. The hallway was dark and the carpet was threadbare, to be polite. None of the electrical sockets or lamps worked. It did have a microwave and refrigerator, but I did not see if they were working as I wanted a better room. I was charged an additional $25.00 to get a room with working electricity. It was a better room, but nothing to really write home about. No fridge or microwave in this room and the shower leaked. Breakfast is served between 8:00 and 10:00, after the time you need to get to the airport if you have an early flight. Coffee in the lobby machine was $2.50. No complimentary coffee. If you need a hotel near the airport there are better choices.
Much to my surprise the restaurant next door was quite good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dan834
Albuquerque Nm Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I have to overnight in at MIA when traveling from the US SW to Colombia to visit her family. We usually stay at the Days Inn (it's decent, we have stayed there) right down the street but we booked this place as it's average rating was just below the Days Inn and the Days Inn rate went up about 25%. Big mistake that I booked this. Where to begin? Ugh...their website states that they have a shuttle at the top of the hour ever hour. We called them at 5 minutes after the hour and was out of the baggage area 9 minutes after the hour but the front desk mistakenly stated we missed the shuttle when in reality it LEAVES the hotel at the top of the hour and arrives at MIA between 10 mins. & 15 mins after the hour so we ended up missing it because of their misinformation and had to wait a whole other hour and that one didn't arrive until 20 mins. after the hour even though it was just after midnight and not busy. Upon arrival, we found out our pre-booked room was on the second floor BUT there was no elevator and NO ONE offered to carry our 20 kg. bags up to it. Upon getting into the room at about 1 am after a full day of travel, it reeked horribly, it was dirty throughout, the sink constantly dripped and the shower did not work properly. But we dealt with it was we had no energy left and from experience as a Latin American she was sure she would get nowhere pointing out these issues with her fellow Latin Americans on the staff who barely spoke any clear English. See the photos. There are hard to believe. I have been stuck in 3rd world countries in the middle of nowhere and have found better accommodations when I have really had no other alternatives. I called the hotel a few days later. Manager off on the weekend. Called on the follow Monday. Manager is out sick. Called the following week on a Thursday. Left a message for the manager and got no call back. Finally tracked down the manager the following Monday and she had the gall to state that "well, we didn't complain at the time so there is nothing we can do." (she was not on duty at 1 am and I could tell the person on duty had no authority to do anything). She stated that we could have requested another room. What????!!! Do they "hold back" some rooms that are ACTUALLY nice? Is that some kind of joke. Well, I am not laughing and nor was my wife.

2 Thank Wolverine154
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ive been in cochroach hotels in Thailand, and small smelly dorms in japan, but this is possably the worst i've ever had to pay for - 150 US dollar for stinking, run down, noisy and dirty room. Our friend stayed here and complained and he got a 10% in return. So if you dont argue then like us you will get nothing in return - if you have the chance stay away from this "motel" STAY AWAY!! The spanish speaking house keeper was indeed very friendly - but the rest of the staff looked like they had been working there toooo looong!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Valley City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I I agree with the other folks. It smelled like a wet dog kennel! I asked if there was another room they could upgrade me to, They said for an additional $75.00 dollars! I agree the lobby is nice although when you walk out of the lobby you’re in trouble! I have stayed in third world countries that are a hundred times nicer! The carpeting was so trashed it looked like it was under a old car that dripped oil. My wife and I would not walk on the carpet bare foot. I wanted to burn my shoes when we left. Turned the air conditioner on and the air coming out smelled like urine it was the worst place I had ever stayed. Owner must be friends with health department to let this go on!

Room Tip: I would rather sleep on curb. One night there and felt like i needed a tetanus shoot.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked two rooms for 2 persons each for 1 night.

Don't be fooled by the professional pictures and don't be fooled by the fancy lobby. Your room will be filthy - old dirty carpet, chipped furniture put in 50 years ago and dirty bathroom, clogged drain and it smells moldy. My two girls decided not to use the bathroom to take a shower . They'd rather skip it.

No blanket in the bed. I guess they want you go use the dirty smelly bed cover on top of the sheet. I decided not to use it and sleep on the same bed (two double bed) with my husband and use the two bed sheets to cover ourselves.

My husband suggested we changing to another hotel. I know they wouldn't refund and thank God I only booked this place for one night for my 10-day Florida trip.

I agree with another reviewer that this place should be closed.

The system wouldn't allow for 0 star and I have to give a one star and that's for the friendly front desk.

To be honest, I've never stayed in a hotel or motel as unpleasant as this one! You just don't want to touch anything in the room if possible! Please trust the other reviewer's picuture. My husband took some pictures of the room. I don't have time to share yet.

Room Tip: Just avoid it!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a long day traveling the only thing that I wanted was take a nice shower and have some rest to continue traveling the next day. But my experience in this hotel was terrible... The room is nasty, everything in the bathroom is clogged, the bed sheets are nasty, I was not able to sleep beause the building is really old and look very insecure. I just wonder if somebody inspect this type of business before they start operating. Airways inn is receiving a lot profit but is not doing anything for the clients. I am not paying $20 or $30, i payed $85 and i am not asking for a five star hotel, i am asking for what is fare for that price. This type of institution are aceptable, this is not the way that you receive travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jessy777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Regency Hotel Miami
#29 of 120 in Miami
4.0 of 5 stars 1,302 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Miami Airport & Intermodal Area

Been to Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!