WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Don't make our error-even if you just need to overnight at MIA!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport

Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
Ranked #61 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Albuquerque Nm Usa
“Don't make our error-even if you just need to overnight at MIA!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I have to overnight in at MIA when traveling from the US SW to Colombia to visit her family. We usually stay at the Days Inn (it's decent, we have stayed there) right down the street but we booked this place as it's average rating was just below the Days Inn and the Days Inn rate went up about 25%. Big mistake that I booked this. Where to begin? Ugh...their website states that they have a shuttle at the top of the hour ever hour. We called them at 5 minutes after the hour and was out of the baggage area 9 minutes after the hour but the front desk mistakenly stated we missed the shuttle when in reality it LEAVES the hotel at the top of the hour and arrives at MIA between 10 mins. & 15 mins after the hour so we ended up missing it because of their misinformation and had to wait a whole other hour and that one didn't arrive until 20 mins. after the hour even though it was just after midnight and not busy. Upon arrival, we found out our pre-booked room was on the second floor BUT there was no elevator and NO ONE offered to carry our 20 kg. bags up to it. Upon getting into the room at about 1 am after a full day of travel, it reeked horribly, it was dirty throughout, the sink constantly dripped and the shower did not work properly. But we dealt with it was we had no energy left and from experience as a Latin American she was sure she would get nowhere pointing out these issues with her fellow Latin Americans on the staff who barely spoke any clear English. See the photos. There are hard to believe. I have been stuck in 3rd world countries in the middle of nowhere and have found better accommodations when I have really had no other alternatives. I called the hotel a few days later. Manager off on the weekend. Called on the follow Monday. Manager is out sick. Called the following week on a Thursday. Left a message for the manager and got no call back. Finally tracked down the manager the following Monday and she had the gall to state that "well, we didn't complain at the time so there is nothing we can do." (she was not on duty at 1 am and I could tell the person on duty had no authority to do anything). She stated that we could have requested another room. What????!!! Do they "hold back" some rooms that are ACTUALLY nice? Is that some kind of joke. Well, I am not laughing and nor was my wife.

2 Thank Wolverine154

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ive been in cochroach hotels in Thailand, and small smelly dorms in japan, but this is possably the worst i've ever had to pay for - 150 US dollar for stinking, run down, noisy and dirty room. Our friend stayed here and complained and he got a 10% in return. So if you dont argue then like us you will get nothing in return - if you have the chance stay away from this "motel" STAY AWAY!! The spanish speaking house keeper was indeed very friendly - but the rest of the staff looked like they had been working there toooo looong!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Valley City, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I I agree with the other folks. It smelled like a wet dog kennel! I asked if there was another room they could upgrade me to, They said for an additional $75.00 dollars! I agree the lobby is nice although when you walk out of the lobby you’re in trouble! I have stayed in third world countries that are a hundred times nicer! The carpeting was so trashed it looked like it was under a old car that dripped oil. My wife and I would not walk on the carpet bare foot. I wanted to burn my shoes when we left. Turned the air conditioner on and the air coming out smelled like urine it was the worst place I had ever stayed. Owner must be friends with health department to let this go on!

Room Tip: I would rather sleep on curb. One night there and felt like i needed a tetanus shoot.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked two rooms for 2 persons each for 1 night.

Don't be fooled by the professional pictures and don't be fooled by the fancy lobby. Your room will be filthy - old dirty carpet, chipped furniture put in 50 years ago and dirty bathroom, clogged drain and it smells moldy. My two girls decided not to use the bathroom to take a shower . They'd rather skip it.

No blanket in the bed. I guess they want you go use the dirty smelly bed cover on top of the sheet. I decided not to use it and sleep on the same bed (two double bed) with my husband and use the two bed sheets to cover ourselves.

My husband suggested we changing to another hotel. I know they wouldn't refund and thank God I only booked this place for one night for my 10-day Florida trip.

I agree with another reviewer that this place should be closed.

The system wouldn't allow for 0 star and I have to give a one star and that's for the friendly front desk.

To be honest, I've never stayed in a hotel or motel as unpleasant as this one! You just don't want to touch anything in the room if possible! Please trust the other reviewer's picuture. My husband took some pictures of the room. I don't have time to share yet.

Room Tip: Just avoid it!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

After a long day traveling the only thing that I wanted was take a nice shower and have some rest to continue traveling the next day. But my experience in this hotel was terrible... The room is nasty, everything in the bathroom is clogged, the bed sheets are nasty, I was not able to sleep beause the building is really old and look very insecure. I just wonder if somebody inspect this type of business before they start operating. Airways inn is receiving a lot profit but is not doing anything for the clients. I am not paying $20 or $30, i payed $85 and i am not asking for a five star hotel, i am asking for what is fare for that price. This type of institution are aceptable, this is not the way that you receive travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jessy777
St.Gallen
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location is close to the airport. And staff is friendly and helpfull. But thats all what positive you can hear about this hotel.
Rooms are very poor old and dirty. you hear everything from outside. If you need a bed for one or two night.... close your eyes and go ahead... have some whiskey in the bar next to the hotel. chill it at the pool, use the wifi. but avoid the rooms in the day light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The hotel looks better from outside and was partly under construction. Interior was partly quite shabby. Light in the bathroom didn't work. They offered (a simple) breakfast, but there was nowhere to sit down and eat, so I had to take it (without a tray) up to my room which was not very convenient at all.
A plus is the complimentary airport shuttle every hour. Location not far from the airport. Service was friendly. I guess for the price it was ok for Miami...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,424 reviews
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Ramada Hialeah/Miami Airport

Been to Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!