“Perfect Charter on a Special Day”

Captain Sir Charters - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Go sailing on the NEWEST Charter Sailboat in Miami for a day of sailing/sightseeing OR a Romantic Sunset and City Lights Tour of Miami.We specialize in Romantic Sunset and Night Evening Tours. Also available: Romantic Dinner Trips, Overnight Charters to the Florida Keys, and Week Long trips to the Bahamas. Step aboard the Best and the Newest Sailboat in Miami -- it's truly sailing FIRST CLASS! Check out the website and photos of the boat. CAPTAIN SIR! is in a class by itself but no more expensive than sailing in coach class!
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect Charter on a Special Day”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Big thank you to Captain Russ for making our wedding day extra special! We got married in the morning and we were out on Captain Sir! by 1:00. Capt. Russ took us on a beautiful day sail and we stopped, anchored, took a swim and then he gave us a tour of the shoreline homes and their history. The boat is immaculate, organized, and well appointed. Although we told Capt. Russ that we would bring our own food he still made us the best Maryland crab cakes, warm out of the oven and served on a silver platter. We will certainly charter again, next time for a weekend.

Visited March 2014

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“All I need is a tall ship and star to steer her by...”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I love that poem. And she is a tall ship, and she's yar, and clean, and lovely - even fresh (and its hard to be that on a boat...).

Was on the "Sir" March 16th with my wife, her two sisters and our daughter. None other than myself had any experience sailing. We all loved it. Even my jittery, nervous, non sailing, "are there sharks?" wife felt it was the highlight of our South Beach trip.

Sailboats are a singular extension of their owner/crew. Some have obvious problems (the head usually being number one), others have a problem hidden - but not well. In many cases that is the crew. In others its the engine. All make a sailor a little nervous. A lot can go wrong on a sailboat. But we who have owned them, if we are honest, respect how tough it must be to crew and own a charter. Keeping it spotless, preparing food all will enjoy, not entering into conversations where potential tension lies (especially after some alcohol has been imbibed) and taking criticism from those who are honestly, totally ignorant of what a sailboat entails. It must be tough. I for one could not do it. So for those that have sailed, perhaps owned their own boat, the trick with going on a charter is not to judge too hard. In fact it is not to expect too much...

But what is the best to expect? Well, I would say it's the Capt'n Sir. A 46 foot Island Packet is a great boat. Totally solid - those without experience feel no jitters, no sense of twitchy healing or course, just a smooth, spray-less sail, even in winds over 20 knots (as it was for us). This is made all the better by Russ and Susan. The boat is spotless. The food's good and its served with warmth. In fact caring is the right term. The small harbor they choose for us to swim in felt safe and cozy ("there are no sharks!"). For those in the know, even the Sir's dock placement is well thought out.

Russ is engaged and confident enough to teach others (my daughter in particular) how to sail. That can't be an easy thing when the boat is perfectly maintained, when it is obvious hours and hours have been spent making things right (take a look at the teak sailors), and when it is a large financial investment for all but the very wealthy. The passion, hard work and care needed to do it right - really it isn't dissimilar to having a child. Many a charter crew has sailed one to many a day sail, many a boat is exhausted after years of abuse. But that is not the case here. If you want to sail well, if you want to feel safe, if you want to eat well, swim in the sun and be without care, The Capt'n Sir is the charter for you.

Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Birthday Sunset Sail!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We all had a wonderful time with Captain Russ and first mate Susan on their beautiful sailboat! It was a perfect evening as I treated my husband and two other couples who are very good friends to a very memorable experience. The food VERY PLENTIFUL! We started out with a cheese and fruit board that was a meal in itself. It went perfectly with our Vueve champaign. Then the food master peices started to come up from the galley......we started with perfectly roasted red peppers stuffed with goat cheese that was served on an elegant silver platter. Susan served the food effortless to us as we lounged in very comfortable chairs on the bow. We all felt like royalty. The roasted peppers were followed by moist chicken bites that they served in a sweet sauce.....all gone ;-), then we had sliced filet migion on toast ends with an olive tapenade OMGoodness that was amazing!!!! We has two helpings of that tapas.....so tender was the filet...my goodness that was so yummy! Then we had baby lamps chops grilled to perfection, which were moist and tender, they were delicious! We had white and red wines that we brought that flowed like water with every course! But.....Wait the culinary treats did not stop......for the birthday boy we had his favorite, the carrot cake....my mouth watered over just the smell of the spices the came from this cake . Yes, it was awesome good. Then we had a chocolate brownie with ice cream melting on top ....chocolate lovers this is a must and then we had the key lime pie that rivaled Joes Stone Crab's key lime pie! We were on the sailboat for four hours we left right before sunset. To be on this sailboat , piloted by Capt Russ in the smooth waters of Key Biscayne was a bucket moment in our lives. It was perfect, pristine and peaceful. Russ navigated the waters of Key Biscayne like the pro that he is. And his knowledge of facts of the area was amazing. Even to four of Florida natives that were on the boat, were impressed and learned some new facts about their home town. We might have over done it with the amount of food but I am glad we had all of it however, because it was ALL so very good :-)! This is one birthday My husband and our close friends will remember for a long time to come!

Russell and Susan are both very professional, kind, extremely generous with their time and food. They offered help with the preparations and to pick up speciality items or purchases the libations for us so we didn't have to do anything except show up to set sail! They are both wonderfully warm and friendly and hospitable. At one point we wanted then to stop serving and piloting and just join us as our new friends. I can't sign their praises enough. I am planning at least two more sail with them this year and I know one couple who was with us also plans to have her bday party on the Captain Sir!

It was THE perfect, funfilled and beautiful sunset birthday sail!

Looking forward to our next sailing time with Captain Russell and his first mate Susan.

Thank you again for everything!

Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"An Unforgettable Engagement!"”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had so many choices, and so many ideas, as to how I wanted to surprise propose to my girlfriend, Cristina. Russ and Susan were EXACTLY what I was looking for. I wanted all the romance and excitement for my and Cristina's special, once in a lifetime moment, so you might imagine that it was pretty stressful. Russ and Susan took all that stress away; the set up on the boat was elegant and perfect, and they were fully prepared for us and our group of friends, whom I had hide in the cabin until after she said "yes!"

I appreciated that Russ and Susan were very flexible in working with my desired block of time; I needed to coordinate the surprise with our friends, and Captain Sir was very, very accommodating. They were also very accommodating to my special cuisine requests. The entire event was surreal---even greater than I dreamed it could have been. It was a day that we didn't want to end, and I am forever indebted to Russ and Susan.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kasra K
Miami, Florida
“An experience like no other”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Wow. Spent the day for a surprise engagement for friends of me and my spouse. Sure, SoBe makes for a great night clubbing...Wynwood makes for a unique art walk...and you've got the NBA champs. But none compare to the majesty of a Miami sunset at sea, or the nighttime Miami skyline. Russ and Susan, the captains, with their hospitality, attention to detail, and fun nature, made possible an unforgettable night. Whether a visitor or resident of Miami, Captain Sir is a truly memorable adventure!

Visited December 2013