“Not similar to the Catch of the Day near MIA airport”

Catch of the Day Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #374 of 4,326 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Here at Catch of the Day, we want you to come in and have GREAT drinks, GREAT seafood, GREAT steak, and a GREAT time! We have a Mom & Pop feel about us, and love to please our customers. Our regulars love and appreciate this so much, that they's wait around for however long it takes for their usual table to free up if someone's sitting at it!
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Having the flash fried Red Snapper at the location near the airport, we had great expectation of repeating the dish at this restaurant. Unfortunately, the dining room is fast food like and the meals nothing like the other location. Lights were too bright.
The snapper was dry and as an afterthought, maybe the fish had been frozen before flash frying. Another entrée had tons of garlic in the shrimp. The linguine and clams were disappointing, too, as not much flavor. The yellow rice, I make better from a bag I buy at Publix.
If you want to sit outside, you can watch the cars go by, searching for a parking space at the Dolphin Mall, and smell the fumes.
Service was fine. Just missed the mark we anticipated from our prior experience.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Food was good once we got it. Of course it was hard to eat without utensils, which the server never noticed we're missing. She did not notice nor bring rolls even after being asked. Then she brought me the wrong side. But that's not as bad as the poor person at our table who was not served for half an hour after after everyone else. At least they had the decency to comp her meal. Did I mention when I complained about the service I got a stupid grin and not even an apology. I love management's write up about being so friendly. We seemed to eat in a different place than management thinks they run!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Everything we tried was wonderful! Menu was large, so we had the waitress guide us and it was awesome! Cuite little place around the corner from our hotel. Seating indoors or out. We tried a couple of different soups and 4 of us shared 2 big platters of grilled and fried seafood samplers. Wow! The dessert was wonderful as well. We were all fat and happy in the end.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

must admit its a good place with good atmosphere. but wasnt happy at the waitress trying to rip us english off.
$140 for a few beers vodkas and a few chicken wings. must have though id come in on the last onion boat.
be careful if your not american in this place, my advice is dont run up a bar tab.
pay as you go. .

1  Thank Kev J
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was recently staying at the Regency Hotel for several day and asked if there was a good restaurant within walking distance as I had no car. Catch of the day was next door and recommended as the best in Miami. He was so right. The seafood piayah was to die for. Lots of shrimp, bay scallops and fish. The sweet plantains made dessert unnecessary they were so good. I ate there each day. The shrimp and spinach salad was great too.

There is indoor and outdoor seating. The wait staff was efficient and friendly. If you eat outside be sure to save a little for the black and white cat who visits your table.

We will be in Miami in Feb. it's going to be the first place we eat. Yumm.