“Gringo tips for Cuban Coffee - Croquette are great carry-on food”
Review of Cafe Versailles

Cafe Versailles
Ranked #127 of 4,220 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
GlobalTraveler
“Gringo tips for Cuban Coffee - Croquette are great carry-on food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I love Miami and Cuban food. Can be a little intimidating since I don't speak Spanish, but I seem to do okay. I like larger coffees so order a Cafe Colada ($1.75; double espresso - usually shared by traditional Cubans so I get odd looks when I order it). Cuban style has a lot of sugar in it.

I also enjoy their Guava Pastries ($1 or so - 'pastelle de guyaba') and their Ham/Cheese Croquette (also $1 - small torpedo-shaped mixture of potato, ham, and cheese that has been fried and golden all over). Pastries are extremely flakey so while they're great, not so good for a plane as they are messy. Croquettes are wonderful to carry-aboard.

Visited April 2013

New York
“Kept going back to the bakery”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I'm embarrassed to admit how many times we detoured to go back to the bakery connected to the cafe. I hadn't been to Miami in a very, very long time but remembered Versailles and it didn't disappoint. Overwhelming selection of pastries -- the guayaba pastelito and dulce de leche mousse were big hits. Great Cuban coffee (sweet, no milk). And change on a $10.

Visited February 2013
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good food, slow service.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food lived up to the reputation. I had the chicken Versailles with maduros and black beans. Everything was perfect, including the pastry I had for dessert. As other reviewers have mentioned, the service was slow. The atmosphere is like a diner or family restaurant - rather bright lighting and the tables are close together. Overall, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Boston
“Food was decent, service rubbed me the wrong way”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Made two connections in Miami last week, the first one tight and the second one extremely tight. Settled on Cafe Versailles both times as the place to grab food for the plane. The first time, I ended up waiting about 10 minutes for my Cuban sandwich because the press was too small to keep up with the demand. The second time, I arrived sweating after sprinting the length of the terminal, and the staff seemed to delight in taking as much time as they could to process my order for pre-made sandwiches, asking if I wanted any desserts (and then listing all of their choices). I swear they were even laughing as I squirmed.

There will not be a third time.

• Visited February 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A lot of' Cuba in Little Havana's”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Cafe Versailles lived up to it's hype. Great food, amazing atmosphere and the best coffee outside the real Cuba. We were fortunate to have a car during our holiday as we were staying in Miami's South Beach and made the 30 minute drive on two separate nights. the Cuban Classic is my recommendation for your first meal as it is a real sampler of Cuban cuisine, but lots to choose on the menu. Mojito's were very tasty too, but too bad they can't use Havana Club Rum.