“Don't waste your time”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Coral Way
Neighborhood: Coral Way
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had been enjoying the food from Confucio Express Coconut Grove for well over a year; ordering 3 or 4 times a month. The fried rice was always very good and most of the other items we have tried were very tasty. However, there have been some problems with service in the past and after tonight's debacle I will not give them one more red cent out of my pocket.

After waiting for over 2 hours, numerous phone calls, and the refusal by the phone staff to let us speak with a manager; our love affair with the rice is over. We were told during each of our calls that the food had already left the establishment and was on its way; keep in mind we live about 5 blocks from the restaurant, only to find out after 2 hours that the order had never been placed. I know that service in Miami is never very good but the staff at this establishment takes ineptness to a whole new level.

Never again and buyer beware; if they don't frustrate you this time you can bet they will make up for it in the future by doing what they do best, which is nothing. Since Miami doesn't have many good Chinese food restaurants I will be giving my patronage to some of the local Thai restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Confucio Express

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I never found out If the food was worth the somewhat high price. I walked out after waiting 30 minutes beyond the promised pick-up time for my take-out order. My inquiries about when it would be ready were met with shrugged shoulders. I was amazed as there wasn’t a single table occupied at the time.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Very good food but the delivery service is awful. Once I waited over an hour for delivery (after they told me 40 minutes). The next time i waited two hours!!! Two hours!!!! Unfortunately, my office will not be ordering from them again

Reviewed November 3, 2011

If you hit the Coconut Grove scene in Miami... make time to enjoy Confucio Express bringing a whole new meaning to Chinese Cuisine at the grove.

Excellent atmosphere to relax and enjoy great food!!!

1  Thank LUIM