“Don't go here..!”
Review of Midtown Inn Miami

Midtown Inn Miami
Ranked #99 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Alright, so last Saturday, November 9th 2013, my Mom and I checked in to this hotel. We were only staying for one night, because the next day we were headed to the port of Miami to get on a cruise-ship. I had been reading the reviews for this hotel prior to our trip, and it didn't look very good. But I thought 'Oh well maybe they were just pessimistic and maybe it isn't too bad.' But the reviews were right. My mom and I got our key, and one of them didn't even work. Once we got inside the room, I could just tell it was not clean nor safe. The shower head had mold, the corners of the walls had mildue, it smelt like moth-balls, and the shower had hair in it. Well, we were very tired from our flight, so we decided to get some rest; my mom woke up and she had a bug on her, I looked at it and I knew it was a bedbug, I looked up what they looked like, and sure enough, it was a bedbug. Enough was enough and we went to the front desk, and they gave us the most renovated room. This one was a lot nicer and cleaner, but the shower was still nasty. The staff was very helpful but that was probably the only highlight of this hotel. The pool might look 'beautiful' on the hotel's website, but it is more like a pool with pollen and dirt all through it, and the cabanas around the pool were not clean. You definitely get what you pay for. There was a few fast-food restaurants around the hotel, but they were very packed all the time. There were no crosswalks and you had to run across when it was clear. A few blocks away, there is an outside mall, and that was pretty nice to go to. But that hotel is not one I would be going back to; ever.

Room Tip: If you HAVE to come here.... try to get room 217. It is the cleanest room and the most renovated.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
There are newer reviews for Midtown Inn Miami

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hi guys...never book there!!! Let me tell you my experience with this guys... wanted to go there for one night, i did a reservation in advanced (with my all information, credit card no. etc) i received an e-mail confirmation that everything is fine and they are waiting for me...and when i arrived there, guest what... sorry, no rooms available! They tried to convince me that i didn't booked it...luckily i had saved the "confirmation" e-mail on my phone and i showed them...but still "we don't have any room" VERY, VERY UNFRIENDLY...was 10 o'clock in the night and they really didn't care about my situation... In the end i just left to another hotel a little bit more expansive, but way much better... Buy the way, Midtown Inn is really dodgy so i don't think you will like to experience that... don't look for money, is really not that important than your comfort and safety...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank CosMilan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is at a great location to get to miami beach, north beach and south beach quickly but the hotel itself is filthy. The staff is unfriendly. There was graffiti on the outside wall of our room. The only reason I gave 3 stars was for the location. I am hardly ever in my hotel as I am exploring the city and on the beach so was only there at night to sleep. If your looking for a cheaper motel and are hardly in your room, then the location makes up for everything else. This is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank carloatx
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Midtown Inn is a motel, more than an "inn". Once you're past the (for me, anyway) negative connotations of that word it's possible to appreciate what the Midtown inn offers: a reasonably priced full-service venue in an ideal location. This place is for pro travelers.By that I mean the kind of traveler who knows the ropes and doesn't expect luxurious accommodation, the kind who gets out of their room into the city. The kind of traveler who benefits from having an iron (and an ironing board!) in the room, along with a fair-sized fridge, decent WIFI and washing/drying facilities on-site. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful. I really liked the location: Biscayne Boulevard is a main artery into the heart of downtown Miami. It's only a few minutes by bus to the AA Arena and the Arsht Center. Going the other way, the 41 bus from NW 36th St (just 2 blocks up from the motel) takes you into Miami and South Beach. Even MIA International Airport is just a bus ride away. Best of all, the new Midtown mall and apartment complex at NW 36th St and NW 2nd Ave is very close, with excellent shops, restaurants and cafes, and (crucially for me) a friendly local gym.

Downside: yes, you may run into a cockroach or two: it's Miami, and you're in a tropical climate. But the Midtown Inn is well maintained, the rooms are clean and spacious, and you're unlikely to find a better deal so close to downtown Miami

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank mickdevine
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I travelled to downtown Miami for a special annual event. I've now stayed at three different hotels/motels in the area over the past five years, including the Holiday Inn (Best Western) Port of Miami and the (Riande) Continental Bayside hotels.

This room was spacious, containing a more-than-double bed, table and two chairs, armchair, tv, mini-fridge and microwave. The carpet, bathroom, bed, and dressing area counter were clean, although I did find a dead (longtime dead) baby cockroach in the fridge. Based on some other reviews (bedbugs, roaches, airport flight path noise, etc.) I was a little hesitant about staying here, but the price was unbeatable for this location. I called three weeks in advance and asked if all or any of the rooms had stall showers (This being a motel, I thought it more likely than a hotel). There was only one, and it was reserved for me.

When I arrived at 8:30am on Nov. 17, I of course could not check in yet, but the desk clerk locked in the room for me, and I left. When I actually checked in at about 7:30pm, all was well (almost). The light switch by the door did not work (the lamp was unplugged, it turned out), and the smoke alarm was beeping (battery going bad). These problems were resolved immediately. There were no bedbugs or live roaches, and the noise of the planes was more than camouflaged by the constant noise (just like all motels from the 50s and 60s that I remember) from the large room air conditioner. The compressor switched quietly on and off, but the motor ran non-stop. My wake-up call rang precisely at the time I requested. The staff could not have been more attentive or friendly. The tv had over 40 channels, which is twice as many as I've ever had before, the fridge cooled my food quickly, and I slept wonderfully. I understand a free breakfast of coffee and doughnuts is provided, and I was told that it was tasty, but I didn't stay for it. All in all, it was well worth the money, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 101 has the stall shower, and is next door to the office, near the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank RoseNThal1
Reviewed October 30, 2012

There's a reason why this hotel is so cheap! I pre-paid through priceline, for a four night stay at Midtown Inn. We got to Miami around 10pm on a friday night. As soon as we checked-in, I was scoping around our room and found a CoCkRoaCH when I opened the fridge! EeWwWw.. The room we got had that dirty feel to it and a damp smell. I complained to whoever it was at the front desk, he didn't really care much and just handed us a different key to another room. The second room we got looked a little bit better than the first. BuT as I was checking the room, I flipped the comforter away from the bed and saw BeD StAiNS and BeD BuGS! GrOsS! We even took a photo of the bugs! AT this point I was not comfortable staying at this Inn but we had no choice since it was already close to midnight. We got transferred to another room ( for the 3rd time!) and decided to stay for the night and just check-out the next day.
We checked out on saturday morning, I told the person on the front desk that I prepaid for my stay for 4 nights, he said I just need to contact priceline about this and inform them my situation. I thought my ordeal with this place is over.. NoOtTt! Turns out, priceline will not give me a refund for my stay, since Midtown Inn is not giving them a refund as well. AAHH! I called Midtown Inn's manager and complained. She gave me an attitude! Never returned any calls from me. I had to keep on calling them regarding my status (almosst everyday for a couple of weeks!). In the end, She said she's not giving me my refund since they "reserved" 4 nights for me and I told them I checked out the next day!! I only stayed for OnE night and I'm paying for 4 nights??! She said they're loosing money if they will give me a refund!! StillL DiDn'T GeT My MoNeY BacK! I DoN'T KnoW WhaT To Do AnYmOrE!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sammy R
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great location to both down town and South/Miami Beaches. For traveling on a budget, this place was everything my group needed and more. We walked to down town every day and night, and baring traffic to south beach it was only a brief cab ride. The day staff was great and very helpful, but at night the guy who worked the desk was a real jerk. He would yell at us for being outside of the room, even if we weren't making any noise. All in all, a great value stay, especially if your looking for fun for a certain 3 day long concert that takes place downtown ;-). Check out must be timely, because the surcharge. Very poor breakfast (Eating standing up).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mery_master
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Sinbad Motel
#73 of 124 in Miami
City Center
James Hotel
James Hotel
#124 of 210 in Miami Beach
The Vagabond Hotel
#21 of 124 in Miami

Been to Midtown Inn Miami? Share your experiences!