“Absolutely fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tigertail Airboat Tours

Tigertail Airboat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tigertails we specialize in small guided airboat tours. We operate in the southern end of the Everglades on Tamiami trail in the Miccosukee reservation near Miami. You will experience the Everglades first hand as you handle young alligators and turtles while learning about the wildlife, the area and the proud people who live here from one of our experienced guides.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was a fantastic experience that was worth every penny. For only $25 you get a nice little airboat tour with a stop on an island in the middle of the Everglades. On the island we got to see wild alligators crawling up on the grass only a few feet away. The guide was very knowledgeable and tought us a lot about the Everglades and the wildlife. Also, the guide lets you hold different alligators yourself! There are also turtles and a hog there that you can see up close. Recommended!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Nordino88

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic airboat tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first airboat tour and it was great. We had a private tour (parents and 3 adult kids) for 1 hour. Our driver guide was simply fantastic. He told us and showed us a lot about the wild life in Everglades. If you don't know which airboat company to choose, we can higly recommend Tigertail Airboat Tours! You won't regret that choice.

2 Thank Sten L
Grapevine, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent airboat ride and tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I and our 3 teenagers had a great time on our private tour. I was really grateful they were flexible in adjusting our tour time at the last minute due to unforeseen delays. We took a 1 hour tour in the afternoon and they thoughtfully provided headsets to lessen the noise level while riding. While we didn't see any alligators in the wild, the airboat ride itself was really cool and we got to see and hold alligators at their private island preserve. Our guide was extremely fun and knowledgeable and told us all about their efforts to preserve and rehabilitate alligators, turtles and even wild hogs! I'm glad we chose this tour, as the other tours we passed seemed very crowded and I really liked the conservation aspect.

Visited July 2013
“Awesome Time in the Everglades!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great tour! Our guide was Humberto and he was awesome! He was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was obvious that he loves his job too. I really liked the fact that they also do a lot of rescue work. I definitely recommend this as a must do if you are in the Miami area!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of my florida experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived to the tigertail shack half an hour early to find everything closed, we waited around wondering if we had the day wrong or i had booked up incorrectly then 10mins before the tour began the humming of an airboat became clear! The driver and guide for the day emerged from the everglades with a big smile and all seemed calm again! We didnt really know what to expect from the trip but were instantly impressed when we stopped at an island in which the tigertail family have looked after and cared for injured or young everglade wildlife for many years. Our guide was Humberto who made us feel comfortable as he educated us on all flora and fauna,the wildlife and the local history of the miccosukee tribe! His knowledge and love for his job was infectious and my girlfriend even said "He is talking about all of this like its the first time he has given a tour" We saw wild Turtles,Frogs,Alligators and Birdlife. We also got a picture with Humberto's mate and local resident Jaws and what a lovely chap he was! I would pay double to experience this again! If you want a non commercial educated day this is the place!!!Thank you Humberto,we had a great time. Craig and Abbe - England

Visited June 2013

Been to Tigertail Airboat Tours? Share your experiences!