“Excellent airboat ride and tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tigertail Airboat Tours

Tigertail Airboat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tigertails we specialize in small guided airboat tours. We operate in the southern end of the Everglades on Tamiami trail in the Miccosukee reservation near Miami. You will experience the Everglades first hand as you handle young alligators and turtles while learning about the wildlife, the area and the proud people who live here from one of our experienced guides.
Grapevine, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent airboat ride and tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I and our 3 teenagers had a great time on our private tour. I was really grateful they were flexible in adjusting our tour time at the last minute due to unforeseen delays. We took a 1 hour tour in the afternoon and they thoughtfully provided headsets to lessen the noise level while riding. While we didn't see any alligators in the wild, the airboat ride itself was really cool and we got to see and hold alligators at their private island preserve. Our guide was extremely fun and knowledgeable and told us all about their efforts to preserve and rehabilitate alligators, turtles and even wild hogs! I'm glad we chose this tour, as the other tours we passed seemed very crowded and I really liked the conservation aspect.

Visited July 2013

“Awesome Time in the Everglades!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great tour! Our guide was Humberto and he was awesome! He was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was obvious that he loves his job too. I really liked the fact that they also do a lot of rescue work. I definitely recommend this as a must do if you are in the Miami area!

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of my florida experience!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived to the tigertail shack half an hour early to find everything closed, we waited around wondering if we had the day wrong or i had booked up incorrectly then 10mins before the tour began the humming of an airboat became clear! The driver and guide for the day emerged from the everglades with a big smile and all seemed calm again! We didnt really know what to expect from the trip but were instantly impressed when we stopped at an island in which the tigertail family have looked after and cared for injured or young everglade wildlife for many years. Our guide was Humberto who made us feel comfortable as he educated us on all flora and fauna,the wildlife and the local history of the miccosukee tribe! His knowledge and love for his job was infectious and my girlfriend even said "He is talking about all of this like its the first time he has given a tour" We saw wild Turtles,Frogs,Alligators and Birdlife. We also got a picture with Humberto's mate and local resident Jaws and what a lovely chap he was! I would pay double to experience this again! If you want a non commercial educated day this is the place!!!Thank you Humberto,we had a great time. Craig and Abbe - England

Visited June 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“The most Eco tour out there!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We turned up off the road to the small roadside office and were greeted well. There was even an alligator sat outside where the airboat docks. The price was good and they offered a private tour where they take to you to an enclosure in the glades they have and this is where they have all animals that are posing a risk to pesky humans. They house them here for approx 2 years to ensure they have forgotten where they come from then they release all animals back into the wild. This means the animals are not for displays and wont perform miracles whilst trapped in a prison, a very nice thing to see. Overall we loved the experience and the eco work Tiger Tails do, please support this tour company...

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Eldodgemous
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect airboat tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

we had a perfect airboat tour with my girlfriend. Humberto was very knowledgeable and friendly. He told us very interesting things about the alligators and the Everglades. We even get a chance to touch and hold the smallest alligators. I highly recommend Tigertail Airboat Tours to everyone.

Visited April 2013

Been to Tigertail Airboat Tours? Share your experiences!