“Will stay there again”

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Ranked #23 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We go there after dark so we couldn't see very from our balcony. I got up the next morning and wow,a view of the bay. That night we wanted to get out of the room and it was nice,food and shops are walking distance. The staff was very helpful when we asked where a good place to go was. The room and all the common areas are very clean and the bed was amazing!! I booked through priceline so you never know where you will be,hope to get this one again next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Reviewed December 8, 2010

As President of my first travel group I picked the Sonesta not realizing
what to expect, and I must say it was worth every penny! It didn't hurt that the restaurant is close by many of the attractions, including "Crazy Piano' and "Fat Tuesdays"
everything was so convenient! The lobby and rooms were impeccable.
I loved the sweet but subtle scent that greets you when you enter The Sonesta.
Overall, my group and I loved our experience. We got a good rate in general on our stay, but quite honestly I would pay more to enjoy the experience again on my next Miami stay.
The staff knew my name and made us feel like the power women we are :).
The only downer was the construction being made in the front of hotel- it's rather drabby and doesn't fit the gem inside, but once the doors spring open it's quite impressive.

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Ms. Nicole Loo provided exceptional service and made certain that I was pleased with my 1st stay at the Sonesta. Ms. Loo went above and beyond and was committed to my being comfortable in one of the Sonesta's nicest hotel rooms. She was professional, knowledgeable, courteous and intelligent. Primarily because of Ms. Loo's impressive service, I'll be certain to make the Sonesta my hotel of choice when traveling to Miami. Thank you for the opportunity to recognize one of your most outstanding representatives! Happy Holidays, Dr. Jannifer Johnson

Reviewed December 6, 2010

Used to be that we tried a new hotel every trip, but just like Goldilocks, we finally found The Sonesta and it really is 'just right'!
The Hotel is great, and after these new renovations should be superb...BUT, it is very much the PEOPLE who make this place a wonderful experience.
To name a few, Claudia Zellner who has it all under control and always with a bright beautiful smile. Nathan at the front desk. In the restaurant, Aura Lopez, Ruben Morales, and Svetlana Guerra make everyone feel at home. Marco de la Guarda-the guardian angel, helping hands and smiling face.
Its our home from home!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This was our 4th stay and we, again, loved it ! We come here after long flights and business trips on our way back home to our small Caribbean island and you couldn't find a more relaxing place ! As always, all staff is super friendly and helpful, the food at the Panarama restaurant superb and the recent upgrade of the pooldeck makes it even more inviting to laze around there ! Although some maintenance was going on, it didn't really bother us, things need to be done and for a hotel there is never a 'good time to do it' . We really enjoyed ourselves and we'll be back for the Coconut Grove Art Festival in February.

Andre & Catherine from Bonaire

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The hotel is undergoing renovation so there is work afoot. But the hotel staff is working very hard so that it does not intrude on the visit. Was here for a meeting which the hotel did a fine job with. Great location for Coconut Grove nightlife. The rooms are a bit small and rather plain but the beds make up for anything that could be construed as even mildly disappointing.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

Very nice 4 night stay. Large clean rooms. However, to those of you that are accustomed to staying in a "real" luxury 4 star hotel, you will be a little dissappointed. I have no complaints and I would stay here again but now I know exactly what to expect in the luxury department. We loved Coconut Grove area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family