1,549 results
All reviews coconut grove panorama restaurant frank ruiz eighth floor deluxe room bay view biscayne bay full kitchen valet parking key biscayne restaurants and shops balcony jaguar kitchenette conference nightlife condo
Reviewed September 9, 2018

During my stay in one of their condos, I had left my wedding ring and other jewelry hidden in one of the dresser drawers with my belongings. After returning from a long day trip, I realized my jewelry had disappeared. I filed a report with the hotel and demanded a key audit be performed to identify if anyone had entered the condo. To my surprise, a hotel maintenance man had entered the unit while I was out.
The hotel is denying all responsibility. If you think you are safe from having strangers’ rifle through your belongings while you are out of your hotel room, think again and find a more reputable lodging option than any of the Sonesta International locations.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank dbs0402
FellowTraveler814536, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear dbs0402,

First and foremost, I want to thank you for your feedback. Every review allows us to analyze our operation and work towards improving our guests experience. I understand how frustrating a situation like this can be. I sympathize with your situation, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

You did indeed stay in a privately owned condo unit not operated by the Hotel. While we sympathize with your situation we did refer you to the unit owner who is responsible for taking care of every aspect of your stay including this inconvenience.

We value the safety and security of our guests and their belongings by providing safes in our rooms and having 24 hour security. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove our commitment to service excellence next time you are in Miami.

Regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Room was clean, comfortable and roomy.
We also ate at the in hotel Resturant and were very happy with our meal. Near by we visited a grocery store called “fresh market” and enjoy it as well. The view from the balcony was awesome.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Pamela05_11

Dear Pamela05_11,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2018

My husband and I decided only a week before to go on a long weekend to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. (He also had a couple of things to do in Miami which helped us make this last-minute trip). I had only a couple of days to cram reviews in trying to figure out where to stay. People living in Florida recommended the Biltmore Hotel, which did look nice, but I kept researching until I came across the Sonesta Coconut Grove. After a few days of back and forth, I decided on the Sonesta and I could not be more pleased with my choice. The location is very nice and had many shops and restaurants in walking distance. The service was great too. We checked in, and I mentioned we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and without hesitation the lady checking us in gave us an upgrade. That was so thoughtful and sweet, I wish I could remember her name. The view of the bay was so beautiful, I loved sitting in bed just gazing out the window. The pool had the same view, and I loved sunning by the pool while gazing at the bay. Leon the pool attendant was superior in his service, what a great worker. We enjoyed our stay so much, and when we were leaving to go to Ft. Lauderdale we looked at the Sonesta hotel there, but they had both a valet fee AND and BS resort fee so we chose another hotel. But we were very happy with our stay here, and the service we received. We would definitely return, thank you for making our anniversary weekend so special!

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Michelle d,
First of all, Happy Anniversary. You could have stayed anywhere in Miami, but we are so pleased that your chose to stay with us. We love celebrating special occasions with our guests, and hope that you will consider our hotel your home away from home. Please visit us again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Everyone at this hotel was warm and friendly, super helpful too. I stayed for four nights while doing important family business nearby at The University of Miami. On the second-to-last day, we slept in. Leaving the room at noon I was careful to remove the "do not disturb" tag on the outside of the door because the room was messy and needed cleaning. I was gone until about 7pm and when I got back the room was not cleaned.
in and of itself this wasn't a huge deal, although I was disappointed. I figured the cleaning staff had forgotten to come back after doing my floor and finding the tag on my door. I was on an upper floor (fab view!) and they started pretty early with cleaning.
The message light was on on my hotel phone,. When I called to find out I was told that my room hadn't been cleaned because there was a DND tag on my door all day. When I said that I had removed the tag at noon the person on the phone was defensive, seeming to want to blame me for the rather small problem. It felt just awful, particularly after everyone had been so nice.
The waited named Alex in the rooftop restaurant remembered my preferences after waiting on me one time. It was impressive.
I definitely plan to go back, and I hope that this was just a bad day for this one hotel employee in an otherwise lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Elizabeth302

Hello Elizabeth302,
Thank you for your excellent review and feedback. I am so pleased that overall your enjoyed your stay. As a team our goal each and every day is to showcase our commitment to service excellence for each and every guest. I want you to know that your review was read in our last managers meeting so that we could educate our staff and raise our level of service. Thank you for being a part of our education process and allowing us to raise the bar.

Please come visit us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2018

This was the second of two stays in the Coconut Grove area. Having chosen the location because of: convenient access to restaurants in walking distance, outdoor exercise possibilities along the marinas, and simple access to attractions for my wife who wanted to be a tourist (for once). She also has a requirement of “alone space” so the suite we chose fit her needs. The convenient restaurant access really made her day...she had broken her foot running in our home country right before the trip. (And yes she insisted on walking). The room’s balcony was great for watching the water, the bicyclists, the fire department sporting at the park across the street, and relaxing. The breakfast was good and the staff helpful (excepting the housekeeping staffer who wouldn’t wait for us to leave our room and once let us into the room without verifying ID). (Hence the service rating)This was my wife’s introduction to the Sonesta brand and she was so happy with the room and facility design that it seemed like she was planning to see whether the chain was in her employer’s plan.Finally, we would like to thank the unit owner. it’s a nice room with really good facilities.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta