“High School Reunion”

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Ranked #22 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My High School Reunion was held at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel. The view from the hospitality room was spectacular, The beds were comfortable. The food on the 8th floor dining room was good. The hotel was close to everything in walking distance. I will be back...

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

NardisK
We are very pleased that you and your classmates selected our hotel for your reunion and had a great time. Thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to see you soon.

There are newer reviews for Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The rooms needs renovation, but they are clean and have all the basics (fridge, good bathroom etc)

Views from swimming pool are fantastic

Not great of you are on holidays as it does not have a beach nearby.

Also, if you are on a tourist trip and plan to go to Miami Beach/Downtown/Little Havana etc taxis are required and they are about $30 each way (takes about 20min).

Friendly staff, although the restaurant is a bit overpriced ($8 bottle of water, $16 omelette for breakfast. On the plus side, portions are massive, I could never finish my plate, which was a shame/waste. Ex: the French toast breakfast had 6 toasts on it! Good if you like big portions, but too much for me :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Lopezpinero
We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you found our rooms clean with all of the necessities and great views to enjoy. Although we do not offer the white sand beaches, it is a short taxi ride to Key Biscayne or Miami Beach. We hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to Coconut Grove.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Very well located, with superb bay views and excellent facilities. The room was perfect for a family of 4, with one bedroom with a private full WC and a living room for the kids with WC. It also had a fully equipped kitchen, a great choice for people who want to save some money with some home meals. Employees were nice, although the service at the restaurant could have been better

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

luisrnunes
Thank you for your recent stay and for posting your comments about our hotel. We are glad to hear that your family had a great experience with our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I had reserved a block of rooms for my wedding and from the beginning it was a nightmare. It took a couple of weeks to even hear back from any of the sales reps and when we finally did, he was completely incompetent. We had tried getting in contact with him a few weeks later only to find out he had been fired & no one had bothered to contact us about our contract. The new rep we dealt with was extremely rude & demeaning. Once we finally got our contract in order, there was an error with the link for our block of rooms so all of our guests were having difficulty booking their rooms. We eventually called their corporate office because the new sales rep was so rude and talked down to me when I told her there was something wrong with the link to book with our block of rooms. The person from corporate was completely useless. She just brushed off my complaints and referred me back to the same person I had called about. Now, with two months before our wedding, my fiance got an email from the Sonesta saying they would be under construction & that the pool would be closed during our wedding. Most of our guests are from out of state & the beautiful pool was a selling point for us. I just don't understand why we weren't informed about the construction dates sooner because the construction seems like a massive overhaul & something that would have been planned months in advance. That was the last straw. We decided to terminate our contract with them and book with the Mutiny instead. The hotel is beautiful, but the customer service just isn't worth it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kathleen K

Kathleen K
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel for your less than perfect experience with our hotel. While we strive for excellence in service, we sometimes fall short of even our own expectations. While we are disappointed that you have moved your guest rooms to another location, we wish you a wonderful wedding.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here for a week for my company seminar in April. I got a corner room with a very nice view. Personnel from banquet services Frank Ruiz and Omar were excellent. Food was good. I would stay here again even if I come back for leisure.

Room Tip: Corner suite that I had was excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Traveler_pr_usa
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay and seminar at our hotel. We are pleased that our team did such a great job handling your meeting. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The hotel & its staff are very nice but the hotel is just too noisy. If you are facing the City then you get the noise from Fat Tuesdays and if on the other side the noise from the park across the street in the mornings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments as they will assist us as we continue to work with the city regarding noise from nearby restaurants. We hope you will return for another stay if your travels bring you to Miami.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The Sonesta was a very modernly decorated nice hotel. The rooms were comfortable and very large. This definitely was apartments renovated into a hotel. There were TONS of hairs in our bathtub! Obviously was an oversight on the housekeepers!!!!!!! Luckily we had a separate shower to use. The pool was nice as well. Staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful, but stops there. The rest of the staff at this hotel was unhappy looking or unfriendly. We paid $25 a day to park and it was valet and made to feel like we had to tip as well!!!!!!!!!!! The hotel itself is not inexpensive for the room, but felt nickel and dimed everywhere. The restaurant was SO very expensive. Paid a fortune for breakfast for my three kids and I and my husband didn't even eat. They even charged me $15.90 to print my boarding passes, and it took me less than 8 minutes to be on the computer. I have not ever paid to print my boarding passes except to maybe tip a concierge. That is insane!!!!!!!! This is supposed to be a convenience. Coconut Grove area is cute but VERY run down area, so would just stay in a better area to begin with! Was here for the Sony Ericsson so was convenient with the shuttle the tournament provided.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

TwinTennisMom
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel that your room was not up to your expectations on your arrival. While we offer only Valet parking at our hotel, it is one of the lowest priced in the area and tipping is not required. Our business center computers offer complimentary printing of boarding passes by clicking on the boarding pass icon but there is a charge if you require the internet to access email or other non-airline websites. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping and valet team and we appreciate you sharing your experience.