“Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel was very nice and comfortable. Great bed and pillows.
The best thing about the stay was the staff....especially Frank, Omar & the Banquet Staff.
We had a business conference there for four days and they were excellent.
They were so professional and efficient. Every thing from meeting room set up, to break snacks/coffee, to serving our lunch. What a great bunch of folks.
I'd recommend staying there for vacation or business.
The service is fantastic!

Room Tip: Request a bay view. Beautiful view of boats!
    • 5 of 5 stars
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased you had such a positive experience and we look forward to your next visit.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hotel itself is not bad. The lobby is beautifully decorated, the pool is pretty and the rooms are clean. The place was under construction and did not give me a "vacation" vibe. There are nice restaurants in the area but overall the Coconut Grove area seemed pretty rundown.

What left a sour taste in my mouth wax the service we received. Although employees were happy to give me a smile and say they'd help they really just walked through the motions. Overall, if you want to get away I'd suggest staying at a hotel that really means to please their guests and not just pretend they do.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Megan H
We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that our team did not provide you with the level of service you have come to expect from us. Be assured that your feedback will help us continue to improve. We are pleased that you were able to enjoy our pool area and clean rooms and hope we may have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I’ve had booked it through Hotwire.com and got a good deal, considering it’s a four star hotel located within steps from the nicest street in Coconut Grove. Got amazed by the hotel’s modern lobby and with what I was told at check in: “you and your wife will be staying at our ‘superior suite’ on the 18th floor”. I asked about the wi-fi setup, but she only gave me a card that explained nothing and I had to call them later to connect properly. After getting into the room, I’m pretty sure that “superior” meant “high floor”, ‘cause the room was pretty average. The bed has seen better days and the decoration looked like a mental hospital room… no colors whatsoever. Pretty depressing. The complimentary wi-fi was great and the 40” TV was just fine. We got the room with the window pointing to Grand Avenue: not the fanciest view, but not too shabby either. The sleep was as expected… quiet and the A/C worked just fine. The shower lacks water pressure, but nothing to be worried about. Long story short: the location pays off. The hotel staff and premises are nice but the room I got needed a tune up.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the bay. Are quieter and the view is outstanding.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beto_san
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Bento-san
Thank you for posting comments about your recent stay. We appreciate your business and are happy that you found our location perfect for your needs. We hope to see you again in Coconut Grove.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've been coming to this hotel for the past 3 years but this one was the last time. So where to start: the check in staff were surly. It was like "Give me your credit card and here's the key". No explanations about wifi or any features. I was given a smaller room this time without a balcony. Strange when I had one last two times. There seemed to be constant work going on in the hotel with power drills above the room and even near the pool. No explanations or apologies for that.

What really puts me off this hotel and is the reason I won't return and should make you cautious was the last day. I rushed to leave and left some items behind in the room: wallet, keys and a couple of T shirts. I discovered this at the airport and rushed back to the hotel. Clearly my fault here. The room had been cleaned but none of my items had been turned in. I asked how many people had entered my room since I left--this was about 4 hours previously--and was told one. The desk staff were unsympathetic and stonewalling. I suspect they must have been told to be this way. They said they checked with housekeeping but I doubt it. I asked if they had asked the cleaner but again I doubt it. They didn't want to take any of my details about missing items or my address, etc. They merely looked at me with dead eyes. I've reported this to the authorities and I will recommend that we don't use this hotel again. Pretty pathetic performance on their part. There's no reason why those items couldn't have been turned in and kept for me or sent to me.

Room Tip: If you must go, get a balcony room otherwise you'll suffer.
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank SpanishboyUK
Spanishboyuk
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel that your overall experience was not up to your expectations. Your reservation for this visit was for a superior room which does offer a balcony. On your previous visit you reserved a deluxe room which does have this feature.

In response to your missing items, while you were escorted to the room to recheck the room I contacted our Executive Housekeeper to verify if any items had been left behind in your room after your departure. When you returned to the desk, I spoke with you to let you know that we did not find any items in your room and I inquired if you had checked your other belongings for the missing items and you stated that you were going to check that next. Before you left the hotel you provided me with your all of your contact information. As we discussed if anything is turned in matching the description of your items I will contact you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Really impressed with the service at this hotel. Staying in Coconut Grove while teaching at University of Miami.
Pretty much everyone has gotten to know me and greets me by name at breakfast, at the bar, in the restaurant and particularly the valet who always fetch my car quickly and with courtesy. They must have put real effort in to create this level of service - special thanks to valet Roozeppe Jean Pierre.

Room Tip: Get a bay view if you can
    • 5 of 5 stars
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
LondonKDX,
We are happy to be your home away from home. Thank you for sharing your comments. We will be sure to share them with Roozeppe.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Although we're locals we were celebrating in the area so decided to make a night of it so we decided on Sonesta great choice we automatically got upgraded to an superior room the staff was friendly wish i could remember his name but the guy whom checked us in was very friendly answered every questions there were many!! The lobby smells and looks amazing wish we could have ttried the restuarant and lounge which they do have on site but overall great stay perhaps next time!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nivea h
We love it when locals come for a weekend getaway. We are pleased you had such a great time. If you cannot stay overnight you are welcome to come enjoy our restaurant Panorama and enjoy the view.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Myself and the wife decided on the Sonesta for our Honeymoon and weren't disappointed. We were upgraded to a Bay facing Superior room and the View was breath taking. The Hotel has a large function room which was being used daily for Weddings and business seminars however this had no impact on the other guests. A special mention to the concierge team who organised lots of amazing trips and an Awesome car for a trip down to the keys! Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomasaginn
Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for selecting our hotel for your honeymoon. We are happy you had such a wonderful experience and we hope to see you again to celebrate your anniversary.