Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shamrock Coral Gables(Coral Gables)
Gables Inn(Coral Gables)
1,500 results
All reviewscoconut grovepanorama restaurantfrank ruizeighth floordeluxe roombay viewbiscayne bayfull kitchenvalet parkingkey biscaynecoral gablessouth beachrestaurants and shopsbusiness meetingrooftop poolvalet serviceper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've been to this Sonesta more than 5 times over the last years (I have friends nearby) but last visit was such a disappointment that I am not coming back. I have paid almost USD 400 a night for a one-bedroom suite that had ripped curtains, chipped furniture and even though towels and sheets were clean the overall feeling of the room was not what I expected for that price. It's definitely going downhill.

I am not someone that likes writing bad reviews and I have struggled to post this one because my other visits to the Sonesta were, in fact, good enough for me to oversee some small flaws. Flaws are not small anymore... that's why I finally decided to write.

Bell captain and valet parking guys were as always great but this did not compensate the front desk attitude. Besides the lack of a smile, my husband and I were denied a late check out (that we indicated that we were willing to pay for) because they were completely full.

Full? How was it possible when I was able to make a reservation for that extended day on their own web site???!!!

After that, I was so disappointed that decided to leave the hotel and next time I am in Miami (in fact, next month) I am NOT coming back to the Sonesta.

Thank you Tripadvisor for making us smarter travellers that know how to gather information and better analyze what is being said and offered to us.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear DriCa_Sp,
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We make every effort to accommodate request for late checkouts, however due to the arrival of other guests into a particular type of room we are always able to do so. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us improving our service. We hope we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We came to Miami with our little lady a year old. We stay in a deluxe room with two bedrooms in it was just perfect for us. Reviews are quite accurate for this hotel it deserves the high score.
The Hotel suroundings are very relaxing for walking. Nice restaurant an some shops. It is not noisy and crazy as miami beach, that is why we actually enjoyed.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank quimbayo

Dear quimbayo,
Thank you for your recent review and recommendation of our hotel. We appreciate the feedback of all of our guests and we are pleased that we met your expectations. Come back soon for another visit!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of my honeymoon and found it to be a very clean and well run hotel. Our room was HUGE as we were kindly given a free upgrade by the hotel and our view looked over the pool and bay.
Staff were friendly and helpful and assisted us when required.
The bar is nice and looks over a cracking view at night time. The food in the restaurant I found to be a bit too fancy for my liking. Chicken strips and rice really means - chicken in sauce, walnuts, eggs, olives and other things I couldn't identify. Good quality but not for me.
Only a 2 minute walk away from a selection of bars and restaurants and gernerally in a very nice little area. Be aware not to wonder too far in the wrong direction tho as we did, found our selves in a dodgy area where everything is chained up, groups of 10 guys on each street corner etc. Taxi driver told us we were lucky not to have had some trouble if we had ventured into that area.
Overall a nice hotel perfect for short stays or business meetings. It certainly didn't have that summer feel to it so don't expect a holiday vibe around the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayview room. Massive with a good view (tho probably more expensive).
2  Thank Jason M

Dear Jason M,
Congratulations on your recent marriage and thank you for spending part of your honeymoon with us! We are pleased you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Just returned from 3 nights at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel. We were staying in Miami for a few days before flying to Curacao. First, I really liked Coconut Grove. It's a nice area away from the craziness of SoBe and the traffic in other parts of town. There are plenty of shops and restaurants for the amount of time we were there. The hotel is located within easy walking distance to the marina as well as the town. It was also an easy drive from the airport and to the beach.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom bay view suite. It is a nice room, but as some others have said it is showing it's age a bit. We had a 30% discount so I was able to overlook some of those things (frayed curtains, dulled paint, etc.). The living room was large and the kitchen was well equipped (coffee maker, fridge, stove, microwave, dishes/utensils). The bedroom was also nice and the mattress was comfortable. The deck was little smaller than I had imagined and I wasn't crazy about the location. Next time I would request a room at the front of the bay as opposed to our location on the recessed side. There was very little privacy on the deck or in the living room (if the curtains are open).

As far as food, we only had room service breakfast once and lunch at the pool so I don't have a lot to go on. Breakfast was not great. For the price there is better quality in town (Bouchon du Grove was excellent). As far as lunch, the soup was very good, but their take on a caesar salad wasn't my favorite (some of the lettuce was grilled??). They did have excellent Chicha, a Peruvian corn mash drink, that I would highly recommend.

Overall, a very nice hotel and a great location. Two things I would recommend, get a room on the front side of the bay for added privacy and look for specials. I'm not sure the room is worth full price, but definitely worked for the 30% discount.

Room Tip: Check for discounts. If privacy is important book a room on the front of the bay.

Dear maweber,
We are pleased that your overall experience at our hotel was enjoyable. We are happy to learn that you also enjoyed some of the local flavor of Coconut Grove and recommend its location. I have shared your comments regarding breakfast with our culinary team. Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your feedback.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

After booking a bayfront room, we arrived and were told we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was excellent with a view the same as the brochure photo. It was a nice suite with plenty of room. The furnishings were modern and fresh. The great thing about the place is it's location. It's literally 1min from coco-walk shopping centre which has many restaurants and a cinema.

It was a good all round experience.

Dear Kennyket,
Thank you for your feedback and stay at our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your suite. We look forward to your next visit.