“New Year's Eve 2012”

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
Ranked #24 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 2, 2012

What an incredible experience moving into the New Year while staying at your hotel ... can't beat the location, the view and the upbeat, celebratory spirit of your staff... !!! Thank you again and AGAIN for a fun and memorable celebration !!! See ya next year !!!

Room Tip: Can't beat the view !!! Biscayne Bay or Miami city !!! ... and don't forget to bring your ca...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebiPittmanWilkey

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Was there on holidays for 2 nights. Hotel location is good and rooms, as typical in the US, are large and spacious. Booked a suite with two rooms as was travelling with my 2 children. Can't judge about breakfast as we find it a rip off unless you are really prepared to eat a lot. On the positive side, beds are comfortable.

A couple of details have made me downgrade the hotel. Once arriving in a big van by the front parking area lobby (we were a group of 10), we were expecting help to enter lugage into the lobby. Expectations were a dream as we got no assistance at all. Once inside, the reservations made thru a travel agent could not be located by the clerks, so even that we thankfully had the rooms, check in was long and tedious. After a long translatlantic trip with young fellows, what one does not want is a problematic and long procedure to reach the room.

To complicate things further, when I asked the reception for a US converter to plug my blackberry, they told me they did not have and all they had were for sale. Being an extensive traveller, I have never experienced such lack of customer care. I have seen both choices; either you leave a deposit and once the adapter is returned, the deposit is refunded or simply a "here you are SIr" and they expect the guest to return upon departure. In such a hotel category, I would expect that a belly boy brings it to the room.

All in all, this hotel needs to review their customer service. For me, such "small" details can make a difference when returning to the area. I would probably stay somewhere else for the same price, expecting a more satisfactory experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2012

Dear Carlos_Barcelona,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I was disappointed to learn about your delays at check in. Booking your accommodations online with travel sites such as Priceline is a convenient way to find great hotel accommodations. However, despite all of today’s technology, sometimes there is a slight delay with same day bookings from third party sites. I am glad our staff was able to upgrade your accommodations and have your rooms ready prior to our 3pm check in time. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused by the delay at check in.

For the convenience of our guest, we do have some sundry items available for purchase at our front desk. These items include an international converter which the guest can purchase and take with them for use at their next international destination.

We appreciate you staying at our hotel. We hope that the positive experiences during your stay would allow us another opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future.

Margaret Rose
Director of Operations

Reviewed December 21, 2011

I spent six days at this wonderful hotel during my business trip to Miami. The location is great (there is lots to do in Coconut Grove), their 8th floor pool with jacuzzi and adjacent restaurant and bar is a great work to chill and to work, and the view is just plain stunning. I found all their staff super friendly, in particular Diego at the restaurant, who was very attentive and personable, and Freddie at the Front Desk who really helped me out. Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: The ocean view is definitely worth it.
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stay here at least once a year. The staff from reservations to housekeeping are great. The accomodations are very nice. Rooms may have a mini kitchen or at least a refrigerator. The beds are very comfortable. Pool and workout facilities are great with the pool having a towel service and very responsive bar and food service from Panarama restaurant. The view from the pool deck over Biscayne Bay is awesome. Parking in the area is at a premium. Valet is responsive and helpful. The coconut grove coco walk area with restaurants and shopping is a short walk from the hotel. There is a Fresh Market grocery just down Bayshore drive across from 27th Ave by the Marina area which is walking distance and an awesome place.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. Bayshore rooms great view. Kitchenette available on request.
1  Thank LouieD14
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My recent stay at this hotel was once again excellent. This is the third year that I have used the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel for a meeting/seminar facility. The entire staff (namely Omar Aguilar, Frank Ruiz, John Avellino and Johana Flores) were very gracious, always there to help with anything they can and always with a smile. I definitely look forward to hosting my next meeting there -- see you all in December 2012!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2011

I went to breakfast with my niece. We loved the restaurant, excellent service, great view ... I want to thanks to everybody by all attention, in special to Cesar Cadalso .

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2011

This was our first time staying at the Sonesta and I must say, we were extreamly pleased with everything. The service and friendliness is very notable. Rooms are vary spaciuos and clean. The view is breath taking and we loved how close it was to Coco Walk. I will be returing in a month to Miami and for sure I will be staying again. Thanks again Sonesta for making our family vacation so plesant.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family