Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown
Ranked #2 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Miami, Florida because I was attending a bachelorette dinner. This Hampton Inn was different from the others I have stayed at. There were 2 reservation floors and they offered me a choice of water or a snack. The room was quite spacious and extremely clean with nice amenities. They offer a wonderful free breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear LynndNewCity,

I hope you had a great time at the bachelorette dinner and thank you for selecting our hotel. We're glad to read we exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you back soon!

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Write a ReviewReviews (3,462)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The reviews were fantastic so we decided to booked a room here the night before our cruise.

The reviews were spot on. It was clean, modern and came with a free beverage at the bar (alcohol) and breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was decent but great for the price (free).

They are really concerned about keeping up the good reviews and it showed. I would stay here again anytime I was in Miami.

2  Thank Bluemarlin528
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Bluemarlin528,

Thank you for selecting our Hampton Inn & Suites and I am so glad to hear that we met and exceeded all your expectations and delivered all our promises. We remain at your service until your next visit.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I has just been on a 3 weeks holiday in Florida. We flew into Miami from London and stayed the first night in the Hampton - in hindsight we should have stayed longer! It's a great hotel - possibly the best in Miami. Apart from being a fantastic hotel with great pool (fantastic view!), gym and TV room the guest service is incredible. They can't do enough for you, was First Class!They help with our room when we came back to stay another night before we flew home and went over and above ringing ahead to the other hotels we were staying at to make certain we were treated well. Can't wait to back one day!

2  Thank Chase D
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Chase D,

Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am certain that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your reivew and I will make sure to share it with our staff. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just spent 3 nights at this location and must say it was a terrific choice. This Hampton Inn is surprisingly upscale feeling without all the gauche trappings of some of it's more pricey neighbors. And like nearly all the Hamptons I've stayed in, the desk, housekeeping, and breakfast room staff are all top notch.

The hotel: the 6th floor lobby is modern, compact, surprisingly stylish, and immaculate. Check-in was a breeze, as always. Being a Silver member of their club my room was upgraded to a Jr. Suite, which was a very nice touch. The 6th floor is also the hotel's nerve center, with a small pool/whirlpool, and (thankfully!) covered seating for lounging or snacking al fresco; a small gym; full bar; business center; and breakfast room. The flow and layout is all very nice. I mention this because as a frequent traveller I'm not a fan of the cavernous, confusing, and impersonal lobbies business hotels are so fond of. Give me eficiency and modern decor and I'm a happy traveller :-)

My room (823; highly recommended) overlooked the pool. Otherwise there wasn't much to look at since it doesn't face the downtown skyline --a somewhat impressive a jumble of glass towers. The room quite very spacious, with a very comfortable king bed, couch, and sitting chairs. The TV in the room is enormous. Fridge/wet bar/microwave in the entry alcove makes it ideal for anyone who plans to eat in from time to time (or heat up leftovers from one of the many good Latin American restaurants nearby). The bathroom/vanity area seemed a bit small in comparison, but fine for 2 people. Unfortunately the vanity/sink area and bedroom are connected, so couples with different sleep patterns my find the lack of privacy annoying.

Location: a 3-4 minute walk from the Metro (MIA airport is 20 minutes away / $2), 20+ high energy bars, casual and upscale dining, a large Publix supermarket, bus stops, cabs, etc. I-95 is a short drive from the hotel, so jetting over to S. Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, N. Miami, and beyond are super easy. It's also about a 20 minute walk to a harborside market complex filled with shops, food, live music, and lots of booze. Hey, it's Miami, booze is a requisite! You can also catch a water taxi to South Beach from here.

"Downtown" is also in the same area, but it ain't much unless you're heading out for a cafe cubano or restaurant Ceviche 105. Bring plenty of spare change if you head Downtown because every 10th person will ask you for a a quarter or a dollar.

All-in-all, this was an excellent hotel at a very reasonable price ($175 per night). I plan to return here whenever I'm in the Miami area and don't need to be right on the beach.

A special shout out to Anna, one of the concierges here. She was a real treasure trove of information and well equipped to recommend a restaurants, sights to see, and places to avoid (Miami has several of those). Best of all, every time we spoke she maintained a big smile, a professional attitude, and a real enthusiasm for Miami and the Hampton chain. Good job Anna, and everyone at the Hampton Miami!

Room Tip: 823. Quiet. Private. Spacious. Really comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank BobbyWashington
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear BobbyWashington,

Wow. Thank you for your detailed review. It is nice to hear we exceeded your expectations and I was glad to read you noticed some of the many unique features our property has. We look forward to seeing you again in Miami during your next visit.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in Miami Downtown area , I strongly recommend if you are not looking to stay by the Miami Beach.
I felt treated as a king since my arrival , these guys knows what is customer service is about.
The entire hotel breathes like brand new , the room was so clean and has also a nice view from the pool and part of the city . Breakfast included , nice price , park yourself inside the building ( paid US18,00 per Day) .
Conviniently located , with lots of restaurants and bars around . I will definitely come back to this Hotel with my family very soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EduardoS4

Dear EduardoS4,

Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am glad to notice that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your review and I will share it with our staff. We will be looking forward to see you and your family!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very upscale Hampton with a huge lobby, dining area, and fabulous breakfast. This felt more like a full service, fully staffed hotel. It is located in a great area right in the center of amazing night life. The rooms were beautifully appointed with gorgeous views. This is a wonderful property and I highly recommend it. This is an elegant full service hotel at Hampton prices. A rare and unique find. Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brooke R

Dear Brooke R,

Wow. Thank you for your positive review. I am very humbled by your high praise. We cannot wait to have you back!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

i have stayed here many times for work, and i have to say i have always been treated very well, other than a few minor details such as two of the three threadmills out of order on my last visit, i have always been treated very well here. Breakfast is OK, specially since is included, but it does not have much variety, specially if you are a regular here you can get tired of it... rooms are very comfortable and nice, bed is great, location is great. it can get a bit expensive during high season, almost too expensive for a hampton...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Cheoherrera

Dear Cheoherrera,

Welcome back! and thank you for your continuous support and loyalty. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again next time!