I just spent 3 nights at this location and must say it was a terrific choice. This Hampton Inn is surprisingly upscale feeling without all the gauche trappings of some of it's more pricey neighbors. And like nearly all the Hamptons I've stayed in, the desk, housekeeping, and breakfast room staff are all top notch.
The hotel: the 6th floor lobby is modern, compact, surprisingly stylish, and immaculate. Check-in was a breeze, as always. Being a Silver member of their club my room was upgraded to a Jr. Suite, which was a very nice touch. The 6th floor is also the hotel's nerve center, with a small pool/whirlpool, and (thankfully!) covered seating for lounging or snacking al fresco; a small gym; full bar; business center; and breakfast room. The flow and layout is all very nice. I mention this because as a frequent traveller I'm not a fan of the cavernous, confusing, and impersonal lobbies business hotels are so fond of. Give me eficiency and modern decor and I'm a happy traveller :-)
My room (823; highly recommended) overlooked the pool. Otherwise there wasn't much to look at since it doesn't face the downtown skyline --a somewhat impressive a jumble of glass towers. The room quite very spacious, with a very comfortable king bed, couch, and sitting chairs. The TV in the room is enormous. Fridge/wet bar/microwave in the entry alcove makes it ideal for anyone who plans to eat in from time to time (or heat up leftovers from one of the many good Latin American restaurants nearby). The bathroom/vanity area seemed a bit small in comparison, but fine for 2 people. Unfortunately the vanity/sink area and bedroom are connected, so couples with different sleep patterns my find the lack of privacy annoying.
Location: a 3-4 minute walk from the Metro (MIA airport is 20 minutes away / $2), 20+ high energy bars, casual and upscale dining, a large Publix supermarket, bus stops, cabs, etc. I-95 is a short drive from the hotel, so jetting over to S. Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, N. Miami, and beyond are super easy. It's also about a 20 minute walk to a harborside market complex filled with shops, food, live music, and lots of booze. Hey, it's Miami, booze is a requisite! You can also catch a water taxi to South Beach from here.
"Downtown" is also in the same area, but it ain't much unless you're heading out for a cafe cubano or restaurant Ceviche 105. Bring plenty of spare change if you head Downtown because every 10th person will ask you for a a quarter or a dollar.
All-in-all, this was an excellent hotel at a very reasonable price ($175 per night). I plan to return here whenever I'm in the Miami area and don't need to be right on the beach.
A special shout out to Anna, one of the concierges here. She was a real treasure trove of information and well equipped to recommend a restaurants, sights to see, and places to avoid (Miami has several of those). Best of all, every time we spoke she maintained a big smile, a professional attitude, and a real enthusiasm for Miami and the Hampton chain. Good job Anna, and everyone at the Hampton Miami!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brickell Elegance - Priced Right.Our boutique style Hampton Inn & Suites® Miami Brickell hotel in Miami Brickell-Downtown area combines urban design, eclectic mix, contemporary art collection, Brickell elegance with the best price for the business and leisure travelers coming to Brickell area. We are located:Within walking distance to Brickell Miami's global financial hub Within 1 to 3 blocks of over 30 of the best restaurants, cafes and bars in the area Shopping and entertainment is within 1 to 3 blocks from our hotel Half-block from our front door, the FREE MetroMover expands our guests’ convenience zone to all of downtown Miami providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, AmericanAirlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts The FREE Miami Trolley stops only a couple blocks from us at Mary Brickell Village providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, American Airlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The MetroRail is also half-block from our front door providing easy access to Dadeland Mall, Coconut Grove, and other parts of the town. The new MetroRail Orange line connects the Miami International Airport MetroRail Station to the Brickell MetroRail Station Less than 5 minutes from the Port of Miami Just 15 minutes from Miami International Airport, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Gables, the Dolphin Mall, and the best South Florida Beaches Easy access to major highways: I-95, S.R. 836 (Dolphin Expressway), S.R. 826 (Palmetto Expressway), and Florida Turnpike ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown