“A nice weak with excellent service.”

Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown
Ranked #3 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I met up with friends from Colombia and we enjoyed a nice clean room with easy travelling to/from the airport for $2 each. The breakfast was included with the room price and free coffee all day was a bonus. Great value.

1  Thank DanWGood
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear DanWGood,

Thank you for staying at our new Hampton Inn & Suites and for taking the time to write such a nice review. Please keep us in mind for you next visit to Miami.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here June 6th for one night with my daughter, but I must say it was one of the best hotel stays I have had. I think going forward I will look for Hampton Inn's everywhere I go. The bed was clean and comfortable. The swimming area and gym was clean and wonderful to use. The service desk was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was the best part. They literally had everything and I was pleasantly surprised that oatmeal was offered. I cannot remember how many times I have been to hotels that have very limited breakfast options. They even had sides for the oatmeal such as almonds. WONDERFUL!!!!! My daughter was very impressed and plans on using them on her trips with her friends going forward.....Outstanding job Hampton.....

Room Tip: Mine faced the pool which had a good view....
1  Thank Nina K

Dear Nina K,

Thank you for the compliments. It is great to hear feedback from our guests and to feel rewarded when we read we are doing a good job. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

When visiting the Miami area I will ONLY stay at this hotel. First off it doesn't seem like a Hampton not that there's anything wrong with that but this Hampton is like a Hampton of no other, more like a boutique hotel. The lobby and sitting area was so modern and hip. The pool area was very nice with lots of seating and a water fall in the pool. There is a full service bar, at arrival you are given complimentary tickets for a free beer or wine and now that I think of it I never even used them because they made the best specialty drinks! Vivian the bartender was wonderful she knew how to make the perfect drinks and was so freindly she made everyone feel so welcome and Fernando the jack of all trades he was amazing everywhere we would go in the hotel we would see him that it became a joke that he was the only employee there! He also was at the bar the second night and he even remembered what drink I was drinking from the night before and he wasnt even the one who waited on me! They were two great employees and The Hampton should be proud to have them! The rooms were super clean and very large, the beds were very comfy. Parking is secure in a gated garage and the location is near the Villages a area with restaurants and shops and there is even a Publix around the corner. I defiantly will be back and also spread the word of this great hotel! Thanks Hampton and staff for a great stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank italiangrl71
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear italiangrl71,

Guest satisfaction is our number one priority and by reading your review, I am glad to notice that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you so much for your review and I will share it with Vivian, Fernando, and our staff. We will be looking forward to see you in Miami again!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed here before and I do business in the area for the Federal Government. Recently the hotel decided to not offer the approved federal government rates even though I made the reservation and checked federal rate (their rate was higher than the approved rate, but still advertised it at the federal rate). When I called Management they were less than helpful resolving the issue. The management at the South Beach Marriott really helped my travel companions out and were more than happy to offer the military the approved rate. The workers in the kitchen and front desk are very nice, but it's a shame that 40 of my Hilton Gold members coworkers staying in Miami over 400 nights a year will now be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Mark K
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Mark K,

Thank you for contacting us about your concerns with the government rate and for allowing us to clarify it. From your review it appears that you are confusing Per-Diem Rates with Government Rates.

We do not offer nor advertise offering Per-Diem rates. The rates we offer are called Government Rates as they are offered to Government Employees upon presenting a valid government ID at check in and those rates are lower than most rates offered to the general public. Our government rate may be equal to the Per-Diem during certain periods but may be different during other periods.

In order to better explain our rates and policies, I am listing below answers from the GSA.GOV FAQ page that directly explains it and that will allow you to understand that our actions were perfectly consistent with the rates we advertised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Can hotels refuse to honor the per diem rate to federal government employees and federal government contractors?

Answer: Hotels are not required to honor the federal per diem rates. It is each property’s business decision whether or not to offer the rate. Hotels also may or may not choose to extend the rate to other individuals, such as government contractors.

2- Is the hotel’s GOV rate the same as the federal per diem rate?

Answer: Hotels sometimes offer a "GOV" rate, which might be different than the federal per diem rate. If it is higher, you need to receive approval for actual expense prior to travel in order to receive full reimbursement. It is the traveler’s responsibility to know the federal per diem reimbursement rates, and should not assume a GOV rate is the same as the federal per diem rate. See the FTR Chapter 301, Subpart D-Actual Expense and follow your agency's guidelines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the hotels in our area do not offer per-diem rates or government rates, at least not during most of the time as the low current perdiem for our City makes it very difficult but, because we value the services performed by our government employees including our military personnel we offer a number of rooms under our government rate discount, despite being able to sell those same rooms ay a much higher rate.

I hope this explanation will allow you to reconsider our hotel for future visits to Miami.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just a few blocks from the bay and a beautiful restaurant on the bay. Lots of eating places within a 1/2 block to couple of blocks. I felt safe. The hotel decorations were very modern. The staff bent over backwards to please.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Rhonda-Shelley E,

During our review of 2013, we realized that your review among some others was not responded promptly. Please accept our apologies for this oversight. I was very pleased to read that you have enjoyed staying with us. Thank you so much for all your comments, the feedback from every guest is important to us!

Please keep us in mind for your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell / Downtown
50 SW 12th Street
Miami, FL 33130

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed here before my cruise to Cozumel. I chose this hotel because of all the good ratings. I agree, nice hotel, located very close to the nicest restaurants, great hotel staff...very friendly, and breakfast included. Everything was clean and beds comfortable. Close to port ... cost $11.00 by taxi.

2  Thank afleetingmoment
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear afleetingmoment,

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn & Suites- Miami Brickell/ Downtown. I am glad that we provided everything you expected and more. We remain at your service until your next visit.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff, surprisingly nice hot breakfast, nice public areas and very convenient to the brickell district No valet, all self park which I liked but some may not. Hotel is beautifully decorated with original art. I will stay at this hotel again.. It is also close to south beach & bayside with public transportation. Best area for restaurants

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear slk12300,

Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback. I am excited to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectation. Kindly have us in your consideration when you return to Miami.