Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Anytown
“New, Great Hotel”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

As others have mentioned, this hotel still looks and feels brand new. The interior of the rooms are great. My room had a 42 or maybe 47" LCD TV. It was a nice upgrade from the normal 32" you find in most hotels. I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevator and ice machine. It can be quite noisy and I woke up at least once each night.

Parking was great. The first five floors are a parking garage and you use your key card to get in and out.

Food options are good. This hotel is about two blocks from an outdoor mall called The Shops at Mary Brickell Village.

I normally avoid the Hampton Inn breakfast and try to find somewhere else eat in the mornings. This wasn't possible due to the location. However, the breakfast area was very good. They have waffle machines that I used each morning. There are two coffee area and one was kept running into the evening. Everything else looked very good and as expected.

Check-in wasn't great because it took longer than it usually does at a Hampton Inn or other Hilton hotel. I checked in at the main lobby on floor 6. They did not have my room selected and keys ready like most Hilton properties do for Diamond members. I was happy they upgraded me for free and I did not have to ask. I'll be back and see if this was just a fluke. They did not check my profile and select a room away from the elevator and I imagine this is somehow tied to the fact they did not block my room in advance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Jimpeterson,

Thank you so much for your review, for staying with us and for being a Hilton HHonors member. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and our services and that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. I also would like to apologize for the the longer check in time than usual for an HHonors member. In our hotel, we need to ask upon arrival if our guests will be using our parking facilities or not and depending on the usage, the proper keys are issued. Again, sorry for the extra delay but this ensures there are no errors on the bill.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My employees and I have stayed here quite regularly over the past several months while working on a project in the Brickell area.. . The staff is very professional, helpful, AND very friendly. The breakfast crew (Luz, Sandra,Sonia, and Janet) are great and keep the cafe in top shape. The bartenders are exceptional especailly Brianna. The staff at the front desk are five star! I am thinking of bringing my family back here for vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Larry A
Dear Larry A,

Thank you so much for considering bringing your family during a future trip and for the nice comments about our hotel and staff. I will share your review with our crew during our next staff meeting and they will be thrilled to read it.

Our location and facilities are ideal for both business and leisure guests so that no matter the purpose of your visit, you'll be guaranteed to have a great stay and a great time with us.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you soon.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Typically I stay only at Hampton. The "Brickle" experience was terrific. Great modern ambience. Walking distance (2.5 blocks) to the Brickle Village shopping and great food venues. Outdoor cafes and bars. Hampton service was excellent. Great breakfast. Excellent workout facility. Nice neighborhood to walk or jog. Staff made arrangements for van to the Port for our cruise. Very modern feel to furnishings. Wife loved the bedding. Very comfortable. This was the nicest Hampton I have stayed at. Nice views too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the upper floors. Better views. Remember, the check-in desk is on the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark T
Dear Mark T,

Thank you for the compliments. It is great to hear feedback from our guests and to feel rewarded when we read we are doing a good job.
We hope to see you back soon!

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We are a family of 5, and stayed here the night before our cruise. We had two rooms, and both were well above average. The service was very friendly, detailed, and eager. The rooms were very clean, smelled clean, and everything in good maintenance. There are 30 eateries within 8 blocks of the hotel, as well as shopping, monorail, bus, and grocery store. Checking your email or the internet is no problem here. There is WIFI in the rooms, and the business center has 6 computer terminals.
The true test of a good hotel is how well you sleep. Isn't that the whole reason you booked a hotel? The mattresses were new and comfortable, and the linen was spectacular! I did not toss and turn all night, like in most hotels. I slept all night through and woke up refreshed. My husband suffers sleep deprivation and he slept like a baby. He wanted to ask if he could buy the comforter.
It rained the night that we were there, so we didn't get to use the pool. It was a really cool, roof-top pool with a hot tub and lighted water feature. It is also attached to the bar, with plenty of modern seating. I could imagine relaxing by the pool with a pina colada.
The breakfast put our stay over the top. There were at least 3 breakfast room attendants. Everything stayed well stocked, hot, and visually appealing. You did not feel like you were getting the left-over from the huge crowd. Fresh fruit, waffles, omelets, bagels, sweet rolls, breakfast meats, juices, muffins, hot cereals, cold cereals. Tables were bussed quickly, and the attentive staff even cleared the plates as we finished them. There were at least 20 full tables at all times, so I was very impressed at their efficiency.
I searched hotels and guest comments for over an hour before I booked this one. My family wonders how I always find the best places to stay and the best deals. If you are reading this , save yourself time, book this hotel now before they get filled up! I will stay here again and use this for our family reunion cruise hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Tina O
Dear Tina O,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We could certainly appoint you as our official guest spokesperson!

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending us to others. We will be looking forward to see you again on a future trip.

Toronto
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed for three nights Jun 23-25/2012. Booked under the Miami Chic package which included free parking which was very easy to use and helpful. Hotel room design is very well done and the finishings were top notch. Good locations a couple of blocks from restaurants of Mary Bicknell Village and other high quality restaurants on Bricknell Ave such as Mortons and Gordon Biersch. Location was close to the Monorail and has easy access to downtown and I-95. Breakfast was a notch above typical Continental Breakfast. Overall a very nice property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pablopj44
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Brickell Downtown, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Pablopj44,

Thank you for writing your review and for noticing everything about us. Our motto is "Brickell Elegance - Priced Right" and I am so happy that this was your experience. I look forward to seeing in Miami again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed here on both sides of Bahamas cruise. More like a Hilton than a Hampton. No need for car (airport cab $25). Free monorail across the street to downtown Bayside Marketplace. Wonderful bars and restaurants all close by. Only a dollar bus ride to South Beach from monorail stop. Clean room and very nice views of skyline. Very refreshing feeling throughout hotel. Can't say enough about hospitality. Five stars for value. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Celt101
Dear Celt101,

Wow, thank you for writing so many details about your stay, our property, surrounding areas and even the fantastic public transportation in our area. I am glad to read we exceeded your expectations.

Please keep us in mind on your next trip to Miami.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Great Hotel ,clean big rooms,good location to restaurants,clubs,and why I was there to go to a couple of ball games at marlins park. From the minute I checked in every one was very helpful and made my stay very enjoyable . Must be a new hotel very nice considering must hotels in downtown area are a lot older. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fenwayfranatic
Dear Fenwayfranatic,

Thank you for booking with us and for the extremely nice review you wrote about your stay. We are so proud of our new property, the area we’re in and the amazing team we were able to hire. It is just the perfect combination for everyone. Thank you again and we hope we will be seeing you soon on during a future game.