As noted by other reviewers, this is a newly opened property. That said, everything is fresh and new and that is sometimes hard to beat in a hotel.
We used the property as "jumping off" point for our Caribbean cruise.
Finding the hotel was out greatest challenge as it sits directly off of S. Miami Avenue. Miami has unique naming of its streets (i.e., SW 11th Street, SE 1st Avenue) and that was confusing. However, once we located the property, we were all set.
The hotel sits on a quiet street directly in front of a high rise condo building and a bank on the corner. The actual hotel starts on Floor 6. You enter the building and are greeted by a building security attendant who directs you to the elevator and the hotel. The extra sense of security is a nice touch.
Our room was on the fifteenth floor overlooking the northern Brickell area and was perfect in all ways. Check-in was quick and efficient, plenty of available on-site parking ($18/night charge), the room/bathroom was clean and there are lots of nearby dining options.
Our room was not large, but well designed and efficient for 2 travelers. Our bed was comfortable with many extra pillows. The bathroom was clean and did not have a tub; rather, a large double door shower. Plenty of sink counter space. The property is unique in that you need your room card in order to operate the elevator - a very nice security feature.
The area is quite safe. You can easily walk to many different dining options and specialty stores as well as a Publix grocery store. The area is very active in the evening and walking north along S Miami Avenue is best. Two blocks east is Brickell Avenue, a main thoroughfare, which has many high rise office buildings and condos.
Breakfast is included in the daily rate and was quite good - lots of both hot and cold ala carte options. There is a bar on the 6th floor as well.
We used the hotel as a starting point for a cruise from the Port of Miami. Taxi fare to the port was $15 and we where there in less than 10 minutes.
Our daily rate was quite reasonable as well. Miami hotels can get quite expensive and our rate was about $110 including taxes. I think once this property becomes established, the rates will increase dramatically. This property looks and acts very much like a Hyatt as opposed to a Hampton. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brickell Elegance - Priced Right.Our boutique style Hampton Inn & Suites® Miami Brickell hotel in Miami Brickell-Downtown area combines urban design, eclectic mix, contemporary art collection, Brickell elegance with the best price for the business and leisure travelers coming to Brickell area. We are located:Within walking distance to Brickell Miami's global financial hub Within 1 to 3 blocks of over 30 of the best restaurants, cafes and bars in the area Shopping and entertainment is within 1 to 3 blocks from our hotel Half-block from our front door, the FREE MetroMover expands our guests’ convenience zone to all of downtown Miami providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, AmericanAirlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts The FREE Miami Trolley stops only a couple blocks from us at Mary Brickell Village providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, American Airlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The MetroRail is also half-block from our front door providing easy access to Dadeland Mall, Coconut Grove, and other parts of the town. The new MetroRail Orange line connects the Miami International Airport MetroRail Station to the Brickell MetroRail Station Less than 5 minutes from the Port of Miami Just 15 minutes from Miami International Airport, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Gables, the Dolphin Mall, and the best South Florida Beaches Easy access to major highways: I-95, S.R. 836 (Dolphin Expressway), S.R. 826 (Palmetto Expressway), and Florida Turnpike ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown