It's true -- the shower door leaks; there are strange charges added to the bill; the management tries to make good when problems are pointed out -- the general impression I got from reading other visitors' comments was an accurate one.
In my opinion the hotel tries to maintain an high standard but the staff is not necessarily up to the task. The service was uneven.
For instance, when we opened our box of welcome chocolates, they were half eaten. When we tried to consult the hotel information guide in our room, many of the pages were missing.
An 18.5 percent tip was added to the checks for breakfast and refreshments by the pool, but not to the dinner tab.
When we checked out the guest in line in front of us was explaining that his family had not used the mini-bar. Our bill had two nights' valet parking fees ($64) but we didn't have a car.
Overall, we had a pleasant stay and particularly enjoyed the hotel's quiet location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental