Stayed here for a little 3 day 2 night trip to Miami. Our family booked with AMEX so we had the added benefits of a $100 spa credit, $200 resort credit, breakfast for 2 every morning and a 4pm checkout.
We had 6 people so we had to book two rooms.
I thought about booking us on South Beach but with these benefits, I decided to try out this hotel.
It is located on a little island but it is not far away from shopping and restaurants. Bayside Marketplace is about a 5 min drive from here.
We were greeted very nicely by the valet and bellhop. Checking in went smoothly. They showed us to the elevators.
Pros: Rooms were what you'd expect from the Mandarin Oriental. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Skyline view and were able to see the city and the bay! Amazing view! There is a table and two chairs out there for those who want to sit there and enjoy the view. Could see the pool and the little beach from our balcony.
Had breakfast at Cafe Sambul the next morning. Very delicious breakfast! We bypassed the all you can eat continental breakfast and ordered something off the menu. Prices are not cheap though. My mixed berry juice was $6. That morning we had 5 and our bill was about $135 total including service charge. I wouldn't normally pay this much for breakfast but we had the free breakfast credit and the resort credit to use.
I really like the lobby. They burn incense inside so there is a light smell. I loved it though.
Cons: There were somethings I didn't like however but it didn't ruin my overall experience.
In the room, the bathroom and the main room are open. Meaning you can totally see in. However there is a blind you can pull down for some privacy. However that doesn't mean you can't hear what's going on. I'm sure it's fine for couples and families but if you're not too comfy with your roommate, it might be weird.
In the room we were provided with one umbrella. We had two rooms so we had two umbrellas. However we had six people total. One day we went out and it was raining. We just needed one more umbrella and would just have two people per umbrella.
We went to the front desk to ask and the lady said we were only allowed one umbrella per room and could not give another!!! Unbelievable. The rooms are $500+ a night and we just asked for an extra umbrella to borrow for the day. Surely they can afford umbrellas. I was disappointed. This class of hotel seems to go out if its way for the guests but in this instance, I don't understand what's the big deal with just one more umbrella.
Also like many have said on here, it's crazy to charge $15 for Wifi when the rooms and everything else inside the hotel costs so much. Valet parking is $34 per day for example. Budget hotels give away free Wifi. Don't understand why the expensive hotels need to charge when they're already making a lot of money from other areas. We never used the Wifi.
Overall, our stay was nice. We slept well every night. Staff was friendly. Didn't get a chance to enjoy the spa. Food tasted nice even though it is pricey. Luckily we had the resort credit.
Would I stay here again? If I'm just going with my girlfriend, we would look somewhere else cause of the price. But because my mom went and a family friend from overseas, sp we stayed somewhere nicer.
But if you're looking to stay at a fine hotel and are willing to spend the money, you will enjoy your stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio,YAKU by La Mar, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental