“Good as gold”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just stayed here for two days and wished it was longer. We stay in lots of high end properties year around, but if you are looking for a really classy place, this is it. Staff was impeccable, went way above any thing we have ever experienced. I would recommend you stay here over any properties in Miami by far. They have our business forever...........Special Thanks to Emmitt, Winny, and Manderin!!!!!!

The Mathews

1  Thank Patricia C

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had to fly into Miami for a quick business meeting and had a layover in Miami and booked this hotel. It far exceeded my expectations. From check in to the valet parkers, everything was top notched.

Although I didn't use the pool due to a busy schedule, it was very inviting and I wished I had an opportunity to use it.

We ate lunch at La Mar which is the restaurant on the property. My colleague and I had the price fixed meal and was to die for.

I have been telling everyone about the wonderful experience I had at the hotel. Kepp up the good work!

Room Tip: Bayside rooms have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night stay at the Manderin. The room was clean, quiet, and had a wonderful view. The service at the pool, La Mar, MO BAR was spectacular. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed in many hotels but this is definitely my favourite. The moment we landed, Peter made us so welcome at the front door. Check-in was no bother. We got a fantastic room on the sixth floor with a fine, big balcony. The view was amazing. It is a quiet area away from all the hustle and bustle.
I loved everything about this hotel, the staff, service, pools. They even had sun tan lotion by the pool, just in case you forgot yours.
I loved their toiletries and especially loved the calendar in the room. It's the nicest one I've ever seen. I purchased the toiletries in the shop. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2014

If you're familiar with the Mandarin Oriental Brand, this hotel will not disappoint. The rooms are very well appointed, and have a connection panel with the tech-savvy traveler in mind. From usb power to an HTML connection (connect your tablet/laptop to the flat-panel display/TV) and the very comfortable bedding, the hotel is extremely comfortable without going overboard. The place has pervasive WiFi, and that is particularly useful for sitting on the room's balcony overlooking the water. Not an inexpensive property to be sure, but one that delivers value and a good location.

I thought the in-room espresso machine a nice touch, with several varieties of coffee provided.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Staten_Islander
Reviewed June 29, 2014

took advantage of their special offer of a night free to stay at the fabulous Mandarin Oriental. The Two first class restaurants and excellent service. The room was beautiful with views to match. Great location as well.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room but ask for one with a view of the bay.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I read about the reviews before I decided to stay there. It is five star but with an edge. The private beach is quiet and nice, the room is like all five stars, the balcony is superb, the lobby looks unique but there are no extras like apples or cookies in the lobby and even the fitness room. The views from the hotel are spectacular. I noticed that when the doors close, everywhere shakes up. I forgot something in the ice area and it was still there 2 days later. Their employees are very nice but too apologetic. I loved the hotel but something was missing. Will I stay there again? Maybe yes or maybe no. There are other 5 star hotels that are comparable..

Room Tip: I stayed on 6th floor and they have huge balconies