I booked this hotel for one night before we left on a cruise from the Port of Miami. It's more of an upscale business traveler hotel, rather than a resort. My main reason for selecting this hotel was that each room has it's own terrace & beautiful views of the water & city.
The Bad: We had a terrace & beautiful Miami views but no outdoor furniture on the terrace-thus we couldn't sit out there & enjoy it. Had I been staying longer than 24 hours, I would have asked for a room change. Also, there is no lobby store to buy the usual stuff one needs when traveling-soda, chips, newspapers, magazines, hair spray. There is a small supermarket off the property which one can walk to-but it was hot out there! The hotel pool is rather ordinary but has a nice bar.
The Good: I made up for my lack of outdoor terrace furniture by relaxing on the hotel's own private beach-which is spectacular! Good views of Miami & Key Biscayne & a hotel worker made
sure I was comfortably set up with a nice lounge chair, umbrella, cold water and a daiquiri. I was
back to being a satisfied guest. There is also a nice park & walking path all around the hotel with more spectacular water views. When we decided to go to a late lunch, we didn't want to leave the hotel, so we ate late lunch at La Mar-a Peruvian restaurant off the lobby. We were able to enjoy our meal outdoors on the patio & while we had never tried peruvian food before, we loved all the dishes we ordered-sliders, empanadas, & chicken skewers. It was so good that my husband then ordered a second round of sliders. Fresh fruit sorbet completed the meal. We didn't miss the usual greasy hamburgers & fries most hotel's offer & what we originally were searching for!
Some may be put off by a strange combo between the room & bathroom consisting of a huge opening between the bathroom wall & the bedroom, but there is a shade which can be closed if one wants more privacy. Both lobby & hotel room were beautifully furnished & very impressive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental