My wife and I travel to Miami several times throughout the year, and to be honest have never considered staying in Brickell. She is a beach person, so we have always stayed at beach hotels in south beach. Over the years, the beach has changed. It's gotten very loud, and the streets are filled with obnoxious people who seem to ruin things for us. South beach certainly isn't a place to relax anymore that's for sure.
But we love Miami! So what do we do....well we decided to check out the Mandarin Oriental Miami which sits on the intercostal in the Brickell area of Miami. It's not on the beach but Is on a beautiful stretch of water with views of downtown Miami.
I reached out to the hotel prior to arrival, and ended up emailing back and forth with the concierge Jay B. He not only kept me informed throughout the entire email chain back and forth as to what was happening in Miami, but also booked a spa day for us, made dinner reservations, and made some terrific recommendations for our visit. We felt so welcome based on our correspondence b4 arriving, that we couldn't wait to check in. That's service and I must tell you, a rarity in a city that seems to have forgotten was service is.
Our suite was beautiful. It has a wrap around balcony, a living room and Bang and Olfson TV's and speakers throughout. The bathroom was large and spacious, with a separate tub and shower. Well done room for sure.
We enjoyed a spa experience like none other at the Mandarin during one of the days we were there. Rarely do spas have the wow factor but this one certainly did. My facial & massage was out of this world, and I would return simply to experience the spa again.
At every turn the service was impeccable. Whether it was a room attendant we passed in the hallway that would always say hello and was smiling, to a pool attendant or lunch server who genuinely cares about the guests they were taking care of, or a bartender in the lobby bar we felt as if we were royalty.
My wife and I are also huge foodies, and what's great is how exceptional the food was. Whether it was breakfast lunch or dinner (both at Azul or the new Peruvian restaurant) the food we experienced was top notch. Typically I am disappointed by food in a hotel but here the food exceeded all expectations.
What really impressed me the most was the fact that we booked transport to and from the hotel via a private car that the concierge arranged for us. The driver must have contacted the hotel once we were picked up from the airport, since once we arrived I was greeted at the limo door by a woman who whisked us away to our suite and already had us checked in with keys in her hand. I signed papers in my suite, never having to wait at a check in counter. That's 5 star service! We stay at 4 and 5 star hotels all over the world and have never experienced anything like that.
Bravo to the entire team at Mandarin Oriental. With very special thanks to Jorge the GM & Jay the concierge for making a Miami weekend away turn into truly a memorable luxury retreat. You floored us, and we have certainly found our new Miami hotel going forward. Farewell to South beach and hello to Brickell. Such a hidden gem in Miami. We cannot wait to return. Thanks again, Bryan & Dana B, Atlanta Ga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio,YAKU by La Mar, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental