To be candid, this is not the nicest Mandarin Oriental. However, it is still a pretty nice hotel. Brickell Key is quiet area near the business district and we appreciated being away from the hustle and bustle of Miami Beach. We enjoyed the spa, breakfast, pool area (with passed complimentary smoothies and fresh fruit) and appreciated the quality of the turndown service. The negatives - the hallways were stained (significant ink stains on the carpet) and there was some damage to the wall in our room. Generally, our "upgraded" room was nice, but not special. It was also strange that the bathroom was so open to the rest of the room. The beach area is not a real beach, and the shipyards are in view. I was completely unimpressed with the concierge desk - very inexperienced and I also got the feeling that the staff was more concerned with being expeditious than accommodating. I similarly felt that way about checkout. We requested a late checkout, which was granted. However, our key was still deactivated prior to our checkout. When we were locked out of our room after the pool, the manager (Luis) was very unapologetic, which seems inconsistent with a luxury brand. If, in fact, our key was going to be deactivated, we should have been told that when we were extended late checkout. If it was such a problem for the hotel, we should not have been granted late checkout. I did not appreciate Luis's attitude, where he reluctantly extended our late checkout by 10 minutes to placate us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental