“Fantastic”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff was attentive and pleasant. The room was silent at night- wonderful for sleeping. Drinks outside came with a great view. The spa was well appointed and the massage was excellent. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: When I booked through AMEX they upgraded me three levels to a fantastic room. If you can, see if yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My 1st experience at a lux hotel & It was worth the price!!This was an overnight stay for my 2 granddaughters & my aunt while we were waiting for our cruise vacation. We chose to splurge on a Girls Night Out In Miami & I'm glad we decided on this lux hotel!! The only thing I didn't like was internet services were not free.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet was delicious but very pricey.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I love the place. Extremely well located with short drives to lots of hot places or business places in Miami and at the same time elegant and quiet. You can also take leisurely walks on paths around the property or walk across the bridge to terrific dining spots on Brickell Ave, probably the prettiest Avenue in the Miami area. Service is terrific and you can tell that the staff has been trained with the Asian concept of excellence in service. The view of the bay from our room was just great, combining the relaxing ocean and the great architecture of contemporary buildings. The cabanas on the (artificial) beach and the spa offer terrific service as well.
Not cheap, but well worth it

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at MO Miami. The service was excellent. The valet parking was the fastest i experienced in my life. The room was really nice and modern with an Asian twist. The bathroom was luxurious. The wi-fi was $12 a day, but it was slow, when i checked out i told them that the internet was kind of slow, they removed the charge from my bill . Mandarin Oriental Takes hospitality to a whole nother level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great staff and wonderful place for a meeting. You would have thought I owned the place by the way they treated me. They greeted me and my entire team by first name all over the hotel. I had to ship bulky items to and for the hotel for a conference and they were very accommodating. Fantastic service and unbelievable rates.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Miami is the second Mandarin hotel I have stayed at. Every employee was there to assist you in any way. If you needed anything it was always given in a timely manner. The property is splendid and beautiful and the food was amazing. I am already planning my next trip back.

Room Tip: The bay view was wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental is one of the best Mandarin we have stayed at. It is probably only second to the first Mandarin in Hong Kong. We arrived at 8:30am in the morning when the room was not ready. We were offered a free buffet breakfast which was excellent. After that , we checked in to a sea view room on the high floor. Although the decor is not the most updated, everything was well maintained. The service was excellent at the restaurant and the house keeping was good.
One more compliment is their valet service is so efficient and the $36 charge was reasonable compared to what other hotels charge at the South Beach. If you need to choose between the Bal Harbour Ritz Carlton and the Mandarin, I would definitely pick the Mandarin.

For those who do not drive, there is a free shuttle to go around to the Brickell Village.

Room Tip: Pick a room that overlook the bridge
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple