“More to Miami” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 120 Hotels in Miami
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“More to Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

The location of this hotel is bar none: views of the water and city lights is always perfect. Access to an array of menu items and restaurants on location is key. The food very well prepared. Service outstanding, quite possibly the best I have encountered.
It would be a good idea for valets to have umbrellas for patrons coming out of their vehicles in the rain. That is the only minuscule criticism i can make.

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Shelly A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was such a beautiful hotel! The view of the ocean was spectacular! We had the most incredible room with a large balcony, which was great for reading out in the sun! The only downside is that it is far removed from the strip, but great if you want to stay in the business district! The service was excellent, the food was AMAZING, and the views were incredible!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights last week, and I have to say that it exceeded my high expectations! The customer service was always available and very helpful. Service at Cafe Sambal and the Azul was excellent and first-class. It happened to be my birthday one of the nights while I was dining in the Azul and the waiter gave me a birthday card signed by the staff of the kitchen wishing me a happy birthday. It was great, they were extremely friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it's first class.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for only 1 night traveling on business, therefore I did not get to use all of the amenities this hotel has to offer like the spa/fitness, etc. However, my room was beautiful and very clean! Staff when checking in is very friendly and accommodating. My room was very spacious and I had a water view. Bathroom has a separate walk-in shower and whirlpool tub. Bed was very comfortable. The balcony was enormous for a hotel balcony! Great to sit out there at night and view the water. I also had room service for breakfast and food was good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. FYI, valet parking is $36.00/night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DMB514
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a bad name to a hotel chain that supposes to be the best. The rooms have balcony overlooking a beautiful ocean or bay view, but is impossible to enjoy because is pigeon pup all over the balconies, after the third room we try to find clean, we gave up, no going outside.
The staff was very unprofessional and acted like they didn't care. $35.00 for one drink nothing special, and the stone crabs were so bad some of my friends got sick, glad I don't eat them.
Bad experience, I hope they clean their act.

Room Tip: Don't get in
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Eliana B
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I regret to learn that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide to all our guests. I will share your comments with the team and reinforce training that focuses on providing excellent service that is gracious, personalized and attentive. I can assure you this is not the norm and can be supported by the many favorable trip advisor comments that the hotel and restaurants have received.

I would like to point out that we have an intensive maintenance program in place which focuses on deep cleaning and upkeep of all our guest rooms and balconies on a regular basis. I sincerely apologize for the conditions of the balcony you encountered and will address this with our Housekeeping team to schedule more frequent checks.

Thank you again for sharing your valued feedback and again my apologies for the disappointing experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit in the future. Please contact the Executive Office and we will ensure your next visit is seamless and enjoyable.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
Marco Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

You have to go a long way to even come near to the quality of customer service experienced at this hotel. We are staying here at the moment as we have done on numerous occasions and have to say that everything is exquisite from the wonderful food and service at Cafe Sambal (Unfortunately Azul is closed the 2 nights we are here) to the detail to attention given to you at the front desk and at the pool, especially from Nadia and Jacky who both make sure that your every need is attended to without any fuss or problem. Returning to this wonderful hotel is like coming home and all the employees make you feel like family. Mr. Gonzales, we commend you on all of your wonderful employees and would never consider staying anywhere else in Miami. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Any room is wonderful at this great hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
La Jolla, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went to the Mandarin expecting the very best. Most of the staff tried very hard to be friendly and attentive, but between the construction (jack hammering beginning at 8:30am and going most of the day) and limited restaurant menus, we were off to a bad start. When the waiter disappeared during dinner and no one could find him, it was another bad sign. Finally, when we were ready to check out, I discovered they had lost my shoes! You would think they would at least apologize for some of this, but they did not flinch. 'See you next time' they said. I don't think so.

Room Tip: Check to see if the jack hammering is still going on. Even high floors cannot escape
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mgoros
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the overall quality of your stay was disappointing. I regret that we did not provide the level of service expected and apologize for the deficiencies experienced. I assure you I will address your comments with the team and take corrective measures.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
Conrad Miami
#9 of 120 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,713 reviews

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Miami? Share your experiences!