$136
$128
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$138
$126
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$169
$110
$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$93
$123
$113
Priceline
2,774 results
All reviewsbrickell keyla marprivate beachman made beachazul restaurantsouth beachperuvian restaurantturn down serviceroom serviceluxury hotelpool staffin room dininglarge balconyoverlooking the baypool sidelobby barbeautiful property
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our room had an awesome view! The room was spacious and the balcony was very large. The bed and linens were very comfortable and clean. Very nice experience and stay. All of the little extras you would expect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I will start by saying that I love staying at the Mandarin in Miami. My husband and I have stayed in the hotel a number of times, and every time we have been impressed by the luxurious rooms and attentive service. It is truly one of my favorite hotels.

We stayed at the hotel last week to celebrate our first wedding anniversary (we also spent our honeymoon at the Mandarin). We were once again 'wowed' by the room, the pool, and service. My husband put some clothing in for laundering on our first night, including a pair of shorts which I had given up on long ago. I had failed miserably to remove the rust,oil and dirt stains, and they also had huge tear in one of the legs. We had planned to go buy new shorts the next day. However, when the shorts were returned (along with his neatly folded underwear in a small wooden trunk) they looked like new! All stains gone, and the tear neatly sewn up. On this occasion, the Mandarin truly exceeded our expectations.

My 'average' rating is therefore not for the hotel. Whilst at the hotel I decided to treat myself to a facial and manicure at the spa. I arrived on time for my appointment and, after reading two magazines cover to cover plus a newspaper, my therapist eventually arrived. (There were no clocks in the spa, so I don't know if she was late, but it certainly felt like a long time.) I explained that, as my appointment was late afternoon and we had dinner plans, I would not have time to wash my hair after the facial, and so asked the therapist if she could avoid getting product in my hair. She said that this would not be a problem. I was therefore upset to find that following the facial my hair was full of product. It seemed like this was a simple request that failed to be met. Upon checking out of the spa I was asked if I had enjoyed the facial, so explained how the experience had been spoiled. The man I spoke to apologized and presented me with the invoice.

Upon returning to our room, my husband explained that he had received a call from the spa, 50 minutes into my appointment time, asking if he knew where I was. The spa thought I hadn't turned up. What the spa staff would not know is that I have had a number of medical emergencies in the last year, so upon hearing that I was not at the spa, my husband began searching the entire hotel, including every elevator, the pool, etc. He was quite upset. Eventually he returned to the spa to see if I had arrived, to be told by the staff that I had been there all along.

I dislike complaining, but feel that our stay at the Mandarin was marred by our spa experience. I would however, not hesitate to recommend the hotel. Upon checking out we told the receptionist about our experience of the spa, and were told that we would be contacted by the spa director. I am still waiting a week later......

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your return visit to Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us.

I sincerely apologize for the miscommunication that occurred during your visit and for the distress your husband experienced. Our Spa Director will be reaching out to you to turn around this negative experience.

Thank you again for staying with us and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the future.

Kind regards,

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I came here for 3 nights, looking for a quiet and convenient getaway from New York. We returned for 1 additional night when our flight was cancelled.

We booked through Amex Platinum. We were not given an upgrade during check-in, which is an Amex Platinum benefit, based on availability. When we asked about this, we were told that the hotel was "fully committed" for the 4th holiday weekend. However, upon noticing that the hotel did not seem very crowded, we enquired with two other staff members and both told us that the hotel was at 50% occupancy. This is not really an issue for us, as the room we reserved was beautiful and no need for an upgrade. Just be aware, though, that this hotel does not honor the Amex Platinum upgrade benefit.

The bed we had for the first 3 nights (room 1612, I think) was uncomfortable- uneven mattress, no pillow top, foam pillows that were full of lumps. I didn't sleep well, but figured that all of the beds were like that. When we arrived back for an unplanned 4th night, we had a different room with a pillow top mattress and down pillows, and that bed was very comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was very good. They make excellent croissants, and on the days they are freshly made, are as good as any I have had in Paris.

The reason I will not return to this hotel is this- it seems they frequently allow people to use the pool and facilities who are not guests at the hotel. On the 4th of July, the pool was very crowded, and there were a few children who were running around, screaming and doing cannonballs into the pool. I asked the pool staff if these children would be staying the entire weekend, and they told me that the children were "with a group who is staying at the hotel", so they could not be sure if the children would return. Clearly, the children and their parents were not guests at the hotel.

Another day, someone was having a birthday party, with 30+ people who occupied half of the pool, as well as the Jacuzzi, for most of the day. They all had duffel bags and were changing in the pool bathrooms, and obviously they were not staying at the hotel. I can't imagine that a Mandarin Oriental in any other city would allow this.

One staff member who really showed a world-class level of service, communication skill, and hospitality was Ivan at the pool. I am very temperamental right now, as I am pregnant, and I was about to have a nervous breakdown at the pool with the children screaming and misbehaving. Very quickly, and without being condescending, Ivan was able to calm me down, and then offered several ways he could make my situation better. He even followed up with me over the next few days.

This hotel should be fine if you are in town for business. If you are looking for a quiet, exclusive weekend away though, I would look around at other places.

Room Tip: The bed quality is not consistent in all of the rooms. If your bed lacks a pillow top, ask for a different room.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 30jellybeans

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for sharing your constructive comments of your stay on Trip Advisor.

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide all our guests.

The 4th of July time period is typically a busy period for most Miami hotels. We do honor American Express Platinum benefits and very much value our relationship with our American Express card members. In this particular instance, the next room category that you were to be upgraded to, the Deluxe Veranda, was not available.

The holiday week brings many families with children to the hotel. We expanded our pool deck last summer to be able to accommodate our guests and their families during these busy peak times. Please understand we do not permit non-hotel guests to utilize our pool or beach facilities during holiday/peak weekends and will address this with our Pool/Beach Manager, as well the Director of Security to ensure it is reinforced.

Again our apologies for the disappointing stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was attending a business meeting for a couple of days. I arrived a few hours early and had the evening before our meetings started in the hotel. From the minute of arrival to checking in the service is unquestionably superb. My room was not quite ready so the front desk clerk said she would have the bags taken to my room whe it was ready. She suggested I go to the pool and enjoy a complimentary beverage while I waited. It wasn't long and I went to my room. The view off the balcony is breathtaking. The room was incredible. There was a welcome with my name on the TV Screen. The bed was the most comfortable and the bath sheets so thick. The turn down service is special. The staff is so accommdating and no request is an inconvenience. The meeting rooms were also set up with comfort in mind. There are so many superior qualities and service when staying here. I even picked up some of the incense they have burning in the lobby. Very relaxing and 5 star all around. We will be back for a leisure stay next time. Way to go and thanks for the experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I and our poodle stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Miami in Feb. 2013. My husband had been delayed in his work and we had to be out of our rental in Miami, so his company arranged a stay at The Mandarin. What a complete delight from the moment we arrived. The welcoming staff and efficient management insured a smooth transition for us. Our room was immaculate, had a wonderful view overlooking the water, a huge king sized bed, beautiful spacious bathroom with great amenities, delicious room service and the friendliest and most helpful staff. The hotel provided everything that we required, including the use of the gym, pool/beach area, the fabulous spa was a great way to enjoy some much needed pampering one afternoon. The helpful staff guided me to a great walk around the area of the hotel for my dog. The area itself, Brickell Key, was quiet and had very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Pet friendly too!
The balcony off our room was small, but I still enjoyed standing outside and taking in the spectacular view. It was a great experience to stay at this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it. I look forward to another few days at The Mandarin on my next trip to Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor with a view of the water.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business