“An island of peace and calm”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was our second stay at this property. My wife enjoys this hotel very much. Rooms are nice and well appointed. Staff is very friendly and caring. I do have small issues with the rooms as they're carpeted and the terraces/balconies are very small (when compared to other similar hotels in the area such as the Epic or the Viceroy). The AC works like a dream, not intrusive at all. TV signal is great! I think the best of all the hotels we have been in Miami (although who goes to Miami to watch TV? however this is a very big plus) Location-wise, I enjoy more the convenience of the downtown area than the beach so this one is spot-on, a bit isolated as it's located on Brickell key, which is a good 10min walk to anything else, but it has its advantages as you're isolated from the hustle and bustle of downtown attractions such as Mary Brickell Village or the Bay Side mall yet a stone's throw away from these sites. In my opinion, the food is not that great and prices are very steep. The pool area is small but pleasant and they have an annexed "beach" attached to the hotel for those interested in sunbathing. Another plus is that there's no nor there will be any construction going on nearby the premises, unlike the JW Marriott Marquis, which has not one but two new construction sites next to the hotel. Would I return to this hotel? certainly, if I can get a good deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,700)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights on a business trip. The rooms and amenities were perfect and made me feel right at home. The staff was courteous and friendly and the food was delicious. I don't have anything negative to say about my stay here. I can't wait to return in the future!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful hotel, friendly helpful staff!~ This is a fantastic hotel for couples or families or alone. The rooms are large, the area beautiful and service is the best!~I will stay here again. I have already stayed four different times.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This will be my third consecutive year having booked multiple rooms for my big group of friends, and let me tell you, each year my Ultra weekend experience far surpasses that of any of my friends who stayed in South Beach. The MO is one mile walking distaance from Bayfront Park (Downtown Miami, where Ultara is held). It is close, but you do not feel like you are downtown. The MO is on an island, and on Brickell Key you truly feel like you are in luxury. The hotel is very nice and luxurious, from the second you enter the lobby. Each room has a balcony. We have never had any problems with the service, and the service down by the pool and makeshift beach is exceptional. Included breakfast buffet with hot plates and omlette station. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed there for 7/4 weekend, and The hotel is on a small island, or "key".
The room, and spa are very beautiful. I had a Thai massage, and it was pretty good, though not the best I've had. The breakfast is good.

The pool is small, and service at the pool is lacking. I am not sure if this is anything to do with automatically added tip of 18% on everything thing you order. The best part is you can run around the small island, it's about 1 mile, and island is pretty quiet.

The exercise area is way to small, and crowded. I guess the hotel does not want guest to spend time there.

The front desk service has much to be desired. The girls are not as helpful as they should be.

Overall, this particular hotel is below the par of other Mandarin Oriental, such as the ones in DC, NYC, and certainly not the ones in Asia.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide to all our guests. I will share your comments with our pool and front office teams and reinforce our training that focuses on providing excellent service that is gracious, personalized and attentive. We do not tolerate negative behavior from our colleagues and will address this matter seriously.

As far as our gratuity policy, it is up to the guest’s discretion and it can be adjusted accordingly.

Thank you for your valued feedback. Although, we regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, we value and respect your opinion and hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The service here is top notch. Rooms are nice sized. Food was Delicious .Pool was perfect temperture They have a seperate lounging area away from pool that is sand however hotel is not on the beach. Location is walking distance to some action however your not in the heart of it. Which i loved!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent 2 nights at the Mandarin Oriental and it was an amazing experience. The hospitality of the staff was incredible. Everyone was attentive to our needs. The view of the bay was incredible. The spa was heavenly. I would definitely visit again. I give them A+++++++++.

Room Tip: Bay view was amazing