We stayed there for 7/4 weekend, and The hotel is on a small island, or "key".
The room, and spa are very beautiful. I had a Thai massage, and it was pretty good, though not the best I've had. The breakfast is good.
The pool is small, and service at the pool is lacking. I am not sure if this is anything to do with automatically added tip of 18% on everything thing you order. The best part is you can run around the small island, it's about 1 mile, and island is pretty quiet.
The exercise area is way to small, and crowded. I guess the hotel does not want guest to spend time there.
The front desk service has much to be desired. The girls are not as helpful as they should be.
Overall, this particular hotel is below the par of other Mandarin Oriental, such as the ones in DC, NYC, and certainly not the ones in Asia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental