This will be a very candid review from start to finish.
I came from Atlanta to celebrate my birthday at the Mandarin Oriental. Upon check-in my room was not ready but that was not really an issue for me. I was offered a complimentary beverage while I waited but decided to visit Bayside instead for lunch and left my bag at the front desk. The front desk staff was absolutely amazing. The lobby is large and beautiful with the smell of heaven in the air.
About my room: on the 15th floor overlooking the bay and the City its beautiful in the daytime and spectacular at night. The arrangement of the room is elegant and artistic. The bed was not comfortable for me as it was extremely firm, the pillows and comforters carried a sweaty smell of old feathers, there was hair in my shower that did not belong to me and I was the only guest. Only because I am a critic I noticed it because it did blend into the marble tile. The tub is deep and comfortable for one person, height of the toilet both are accurately positioned lol I prefer aerodynamic toilets that are low and comfortable such as this one TMI. Overall I give the room a 3 even though it's really beautiful the firm bed and smelly pillows and comforter took away from it.
You can make a car payment with the amount that you spend in the spa but oh my goodness it is worth it. Talk about service, quality, knowledge and variety. Estephania at the front desk of the spa is absolutely in the right position. Cheryl was my massage therapist and I say kudos to her. It's rare that you find a therapist that you don't have to say anything to so my body and spirit absolutely appreciated her on my birthday. The cleanliness of the spa is exceptional and I thoroughly enjoyed the sauna and the shower experience. I rate them at 5.
Speechless. The food, the service the love... the plating of the food, the hostess, the servers, the sushi bar, the kitchen staff... its too much to talk about so this 5 will sum it up. I'm not sure though why they have such an elaborate breakfast buffet because it does appear that a lot of it goes to waste. A 20/30 percent scale down will minimized waste and still offer a variety. its not just food in there its cuisine. kudos to Chef Robert and Chef Doug, to Stephanie, Ynell, Xoxoxo. To the pastry chef, thank you for making me cry and the person behind the wok I say yummy!
The pool and sand area:
the pool is small but quaint, so is the jacuzzi. I loved the hammocks and the sand area. Found it extremely relaxing and I spent many hours just enjoying the day there with the beautiful iguanas. the service in both areas by Enrique were appreciated.
The M bar:
Not what I expected. You can do so much better with that beautiful open space. It's more of a lounge area than anything but the service was great and watching the HEAT in the lounge / M bar was a nice treat. Truly, with a name like the M bar you really need to step it up a notch or two. Maybe I was just expecting more. Rated a 2 but 4 for service by staff.
Thank you to the staff that always opened the door for me. Thank you to bellhop, valet and all staff that work outside in the heat of Miami. This was absolutely a beautiful experience and your hospitality was greatly appreciated and truly memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental