A few friends and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental Miami, because we wanted to stay away from the smaller South Beach hotels and crazy crowds. We were not disappointed. When we arrived at the hotel around 1pm, we were a little put off that we werent able to check in early but were told that because the Miami Heat just made the NBA finals, the hotel was completely full. Probably because the media and Spurs were all filing into the city. Also, it just so happens that the Spanish National Football (soccer) team was also staying at the hotel. So...celebrities and athletes galore.
The hotel was very accomodating and suggested we sit by the pool for some food and drinks while we waited for our room. 1st round on the Mandarin, of course. They just a sour situation into a positive and it was a great start to our trip. Drinks are easily $16-$20 each.
The hotel is very clean, modern and the service is excellent. Pool and lounge areas have great views and is not overly crowded. If you just go for the spa alone, it's worth it. They treat you like a million bucks. It's a great place to stay to get away from the typical South Beach scene.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio,YAKU by La Mar, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental