I've never been to Miami and did not know what to expect from staying downtown. I couldn't believe how nice it was! The hotel sits on Brickell Key, a man-made island just off the financial district. The key has this hotel, several condos, and an office building or two. There is a very scenic path along the water that travels the circumference of the island. There is a restaurant, a hair salon and a nice market in the center of the island. The island is very secure, safe and upscale. There is shopping and nice restaurants within walking distance.
The hotel was very well maintained and is modern/asian yet designed to be warm. It has a cafe (very good food) that overlooks the water and city, a heated pool, and a small beach area (no water access) with lounge chairs. There is also a grassy area with a playground next to the hotel.
The rooms all have great water and/or city views. The spa was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental