“great spa, very good hotel& location”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, was warmly welcomed and given a nice room with a view over the city.

Great spa experience, welcome, all you could wish for in terms of toiletries, creams.. nice relaxation room with some fruits, drinks, nuts and most of all- top-massage.

Service is very good in this hotel, from the porters, housekeeping, front desk and everybody else make you feel welcome and cared for. The housekeeping par accident broke a small bottle for me and went through lots of trouble to replace it+ wanted to refund as well. They then brought me a tea maker...

the location being more in town then on the waterfront, allows a run and has restaurants closeby at Miami-street (5 mins walk).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We arrived early for check in at 10 am on Sunday. A warm smile from a friendly receptionist, Janella Bustamante,and we found to our pleasure and surprise that our room was ready for us. The hotel is as one would expect is quite superb in every way and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. We had mentioned to Janella how much we enjoy the Mandarin Oriental in Banglok , particularly the welcome from orchid bearing Thai reception staff, and the very high standard of service one receives in the "Far East".
After a 30 hour stay at the M.O. Miami we departed clutching two orchids and a beautiful letter from Janella hoping this would go some way to bring Bankok closer to Miami.
There is no need to compare. The Mandarin Oriental group of hotels are peerless.....the best of the best.!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room facing the bay....beautiful. Th other rooms face the Miami financial district sk...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I visited the Mandarin Oriental spa in January for an 80 minute massage and was completely blown away by their spa. From the moment you walk in you are in a tranquil paradise and everyone you encounter is warm, friendly and professional. I was checked in quickly and moments afterwards given my spa slippers and escorted to the ladies locker room. The locker room had a nice vanity area where four ladies could easily sit, do their makeup, hair, etc. Luxurious almost seems to be an understatement of their waiting area. There is a nice waterfall and lounge chairs you could enjoy all afternoon reading a book or magazine. Their tea was nice and refreshing as well. My massage therapist worked wonders in that 80 minute timeframe. I had a private suite, had my choice of massage oil, music and anything my heart could possibly desire. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

the hotel is nicely located. it has it all and mataches all standards for Mandarin Oriental. the restaurant isnt top quality. rooms are just perfect as well as service. the quality isnt as good as all the Asian Mandarin hotels. it feel like there is something missing. location is good but you will always need a cab to get to down town.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed here for three nights whilst attending a wedding on South Beach.

I wanted something luxurious and quiet away from the party crowds near the beach and I wasn't disappointed.

From start to finish I was made to feel like a special guest and nothing was too much trouble. The food was amazing, best room service I've ever experienced.

They provide iced tea in reception, free chilled water and sunscreen by the pool and every member of staff has a cheery comment.

There are dozens of restaurants and bars in walking distance and a lovely walk round Brickell Key.

Would highly recommend for location, service and standards of food.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Miami downtown skyline.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am increasingly finding that there are vast differences in the quality of the various Mandarin Oriental hotels around the world, from the original Asian ones to, well, San Francisco, one of the worst 5-star hotels I have ever experienced. Miami falls somewhere in between, although overall it is good and I have stayed there more than once, partly because of the lack of better options in the area. The service is fine (again, sorry, not Miami-bashing, but fairly typical of Miami: laid back, somewhat inefficient, somewhat friendly); this assessment extends from the concierge, to the front desk to housekeeping and to the restaurants (which, again, are good but not great). The rooms are in need of refreshment despite a recent much vaunted renovation (I really couldn't tell much between before and after except that flat-screen TVs were added!); the bathrooms have a strange 1990s layout and feel, still. The views are beautiful, and I personally like the location, although of course it is not at the beach (there are tons of nice restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute drive, overall better than at the beach, I think). The gym is fantastic, the pool is not.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pcinrj
MOResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Trip Advisor. Your constructive comments are very important to us.

I sincerely apologize that the experience you had at the hotel was not up to the standards we strive to provide to all our guests. I will address each of your detailed points with the pertinent departments and will correct the deficiencies in service you encountered. Please understand that providing excellent service that is gracious, personalized and attentive is our top priority and we will continue to train our team of dedicated colleagues on a daily basis.

I hope you will give us another opportunity and am at your service for any assistance in the future

Jorge Gonzalez
Area Vice President

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed there back in November for the first time, although we were familiar with the hotel's restaurants before. Comfortable rooms, excellent housekeeping and facilities kept us satisfied. Despite no access to direct swimming, simulated beach shore was very appealing. Walking around the Brickell Key is definitely a plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business