I am increasingly finding that there are vast differences in the quality of the various Mandarin Oriental hotels around the world, from the original Asian ones to, well, San Francisco, one of the worst 5-star hotels I have ever experienced. Miami falls somewhere in between, although overall it is good and I have stayed there more than once, partly because of the lack of better options in the area. The service is fine (again, sorry, not Miami-bashing, but fairly typical of Miami: laid back, somewhat inefficient, somewhat friendly); this assessment extends from the concierge, to the front desk to housekeeping and to the restaurants (which, again, are good but not great). The rooms are in need of refreshment despite a recent much vaunted renovation (I really couldn't tell much between before and after except that flat-screen TVs were added!); the bathrooms have a strange 1990s layout and feel, still. The views are beautiful, and I personally like the location, although of course it is not at the beach (there are tons of nice restaurants within a 5 to 10 minute drive, overall better than at the beach, I think). The gym is fantastic, the pool is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio,YAKU by La Mar, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental