Am a big fan of MOs and often stay when I can. The hotel is very nice and our suite was good. Was surprised that some of the furniture was beat up, the carpet and fabric on the couch was stained. Usually never see that at a Mandarin.
We departed the hotel after putting our bags in storage only to discover later in the day before our departure from Ft. Lauderdale that we were missing a backpack. Major panic as my son was leaving for London the next day and his laptop and other papers were in the backpack. We called twice to the hotel and gave them the locations on where to look for the backpack. Both times two separate people called back to tell us they could not find it. Out of sheer desperation I called back a third time to speak with the manager. He located it in less than five minutes. Did they even look the first two times? Thought the whole episode was very odd.
To be fair they did drive it to the airport for us and we had ten minutes to spare but got the item. Can't tell you how much stress this was on all of us. While we also have some responsibility here for not matching the bags with our claim check, you would think after spending thousands of dollars in three nights for a suite they would have found the bag sooner, or taken our request more seriously. Odd they found it immediately once we contacted the manager.
Not the way we wanted to end the stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental