Having stayed several times in Hong Kong at Manadin, and was so happy, decided to try the USA Miami version. Bad choice. Here I am…. So far regretting every moment. I should have took the clue, of when I arrived and was getting my bags from trunk of limo, door man asked if I was checking in, and told him I was, but did not need any help. So he left and closed the entry door in my face. I guess no tip coming, no service. Checked in, got an “upgrade” to same room but with a different view. Then is got fun/ Entered room, and 1st thing I see is a stand alone sort of dresser, that apparently has the mini bar in it… with the top held on with 5 large, wide, long pieces of masking tape covering the doors to cabinet. I travel about 100 nights a year, mostly internationally, and have for some 30 years. This was a first. Called operator to be connected to a manager… 20 rings later… no answer. They have a “guest assistance” button that goes to the operator only it seems. Went back downstairs, and got another room, was sorry, but no offer of any compensation. As a side note… Desk drawer had very nice looking large folder in it.. says “message from management”. Nothing in it. Seems sort of fitting… implying no one home.. After no answer to 20 rings on the phone. Just fyi.
Had lunch. A salad.. asked for blue cheese dressing... they do not carry it I am told... unbelievable.
I have stayed at the property in Hong Kong several times. No comparison. Not even close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hotwire, Odigeo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental