Located on a small key close to the downtown area, this high quality hotel provides an interesting alternative to the Miami Beach hotels.
The man-made beach is cute and gets the job done. This provides a good spot for local wildlife - on two occasions there were frolicking dolphins directly in front of the sun-loungers and manatees swim lazily by.
The rooms were large and well appointed e.g. B&O TVs and high count cotton sheets. On the negatives, the bathrooms are starting to show their age relative to the rest of the room.
Overall the the food was great and in particular the black cod and the sushi were exceptional.
This is an excellent option for those who want the benefits of being in Miami without the craziness of Miami Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental