We had spent a few days at the Loewes in Miami Beach which was really noisy so it was a joy to get to the Mandarin Oriental and be able to actually relax.
The hotel is located on Brickell Key, a tiny private island that's linked to the mainland by a short road. So, you get the luxury of being away from the hustle and bustle of the city whilst at the same time being able to walk (or get a free shuttle) to the mainland. Within a mile or so, you'll find Mary Brickell Village where there are countless restaurants, bars, clothing stores and a supermarket.
We had a very spacious room with a big bathroom and a great balcony with a view across to the city.
The pool is not the biggest you've ever seen but it was never packed and it was just really comfortable and relaxing. The staff on hand were great and there was plenty of complimentary water and fruit to keep you hydrated. There is also a man made beach with it's own iguanas which is a nice touch and even more relaxing as few people seem to use it. Obviously there's no swimming there but the pool is close by if you want a dip.
My only gripe is that I don't think hotels should be charging for wifi when you spend a fortune on a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental