“Fabulous!”

Mandarin Oriental, Miami
Ranked #5 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Mandarin Oriental Miami was nothing short of amazing. The staff was unbelievably attentive, the pool/beach were wonderful and the spa top notch. The only negative I can think of is that there was no wireless Internet service included in the rooms, you had to pay for it. I would think that with the money spent at such a high end hotel, something like this would be included. All in all, I would return without hesitation.

1  Thank Shanna_11

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in the Dynasty Suite which is a corner room. We use the Amex Centurion benefits which was a great deal. The décor and room was excellent finding everything you need. The nice chocolate truffles were nice. As always with the MO chain, we were walked to our room once we checked in. This area is a nice quiet location on a man-made island. The restaurant downstairs, Café Sambal, was awesome with great sushi. We ate there twice and enjoyed every meal. What I like about the MO chain is that everywhere you go it feels like a tranquil spa which is very relaxing. Everything met our expectations; except:

The only hiccup was our check out for an early morning flight. We spoke to the front desk about having breakfast prepared at 0500 hrs and they said no prob just fill out the order sheet. Well this was planned into our timing of leaving the hotel. At 5am I get a call saying that breakfast doesn’t start until 6am. So now I’m fuming because don’t make promises that you can’t keep. A huge pet peeve of mine! So they tried to accommodate me with a make shift breakfast that came as I was walking out the door. Needless to say that I couldn’t really eat anything at that time due to my flight. Arrhh…

Besides that…I am still giving it 5 Stars. Also check out the MO in Las Vegas if you get a chance….A newer great hotel.

Room Tip: Get the Amex Centurion!
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had two nights here. Immaculate and stylish. Very well designed bedroom and bathroom giving you all you could possibly need for a good night's sleep. A more sophisticated vibe than my earlier stay at the Ritz Carlton, Key Biscayne, but then it is an urban hotel as opposed to a beach resort. Calm but striking public spaces and a general feeling of well-being and restrained style.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Great Hotel, very nice location, attentive very well trained helpful staff, rooms are spacious and clean, perfect bathroom too.....we will come back anytime

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel was absolutely beautiful as was the location. The views were breathtaking and the staff were brilliant.

The manmade beach was lovely and included very beautiful iguanas and I enjoyed visiting them daily.

We stayed there for 7 nights and would definitely go back. Unfortunately they could not accommodate us for the entire stay as our next hotel was never going to get a good review after the luxury of the Mandarin.

The staff were very attentive and friendly and never appeared to be doing anything for the sake of tip which is my issue in other hotels.

Absolutely great stay and Brickell is a lovely area.

1  Thank Joanna H
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in all the other Mandarin Orientals and I have to say this is the best! Very expensive (obviously) but so worth it. Staff fantastic as were the restaurants. Food was delicious and the location of the water front was outstanding. So romantic. Large rooms and huge bathrooms. Loved the lighting - it's the small touches! Text book perfect hotel

1  Thank Simon617
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'm very spoiled but Mandarin Oriental exceeded my expectations. We asked for the high floor and the view from our balcony was just breathtaking. Lights of the city over the bay are amazing. The service seemed to read in our minds. We stayed in this hotel to celebrate our anniversary and we had such a great surprise from the service: rose petals and strawberries in chocolate. Thank you!